H-802 review by Harmony

Harmony: H-802

I play country, rock, metal, blues, and songs traditionally played on an acoustic, and this guitar suits all those styles. It's extremely versatile. Every now and then I will play Queen music, and the H802 is great for that too. I just use a Standard Epiphone amp, but I can get a series of different sounds just by playing with the gain and level. This guitar doesn't buzz, and it can sound warm or bright, andyou can also make it scream on high gain. It's totally perfect!

As I said, I play many different musical styles, and yes, this is a good match for all of them. I've been playing for a few years, and I've got a few guitars and some amps. Nothing special. I would have asked if they had the bridge at the shop, so I wouldn't have had to go through ebay, but, you know, live and learn. If this guitar vanished, I would definetly try to find another. I love everything about this guitar, and have no complaints. My favorite feature is by far the pickups. They're great! I prefer this guitar over my Fender Strat and my Epiphone Les paul Standard. I'm happy with this guitar the way it is.

Everything with this guitar is dependable: the strings stay in tune, the strap hooks are sturdy, I would bring a backup because no guitar stays in tune for 3 sets of musical performances, and tuning takes time. The finish is a nitro, and has started to fade, but that just ups the guitar's personality.

I like high action, so this guitar is great for me. The pickups are well adjusted, and there are no flaws. Granted the body is plywood, but it makes for a surprisingly nice tonewood. There is one loose pot too, which I plan to replace or fix at some time, but that's just because the guitar is almost 50 years old.

I got this guitar at a consignment shop for $50 without the bridge, which I got for $30 on ebay. The guitar's from the mid-late 1960s. It's got 22 frets, a maple neck and a rosewood fretboard. The body is plywood with a transparent 3-tone 'burst. The shape looks like if an SG and a Strat had a baby. The bridge is like a tune-o-matic. The pickups are two passive, fat single-coils with individual on-off switches. There's one volume and one tone knob, and the tuners are non-locking 6 on plate.

mydian
    I got one of these for my bday from kmart when I was 9 (1985). Not sure why someone thinks its from the 60's. This was the 80's equivalent of a first act. It was a starter kit with a Harmony 5 watt amp that ran on batteries. I had a couple friends that had them as well. Those pickups are not humbuckers.. they suck. Very microphonic. I remember talking into them lol.
    LesCaster001
    Actually, mydian, this guitar was first made in the '60s, then was reissued in the '80s