H-80H-80-T review by Harmony

Harmony: H-80H-80-T

Purchased from: Friend

I play all types of rock. Mainly Metal and Hard Rock and any type of rock really. I play Tilly (that's her name =D) through my Marshall and it delivers great, clean tones. Sounds just like any Vintage style strat. I use a Danelectro Fab Metal Pedal and it gets pretty bassy when I'm "chugging" some metal. I love using my Crybaby with this guitar, produces that Jimi tone I love. Pots aren't too responsive. They were pretty scratchy when I got the guitar. I cleaned them up, oiled them and they work perfect now, they just aren't very responsive 'til around 3 or so and 7 or 8 is the same as 10. Bridge pickup produces some great tone and the neck pickup gives great bassy tones. Mid pickup is great for playing some blues rock, specially my 4 (neck/mid) position.

Mainly I use my Strat Deluxe for most of my music. I use a Seymour Duncan Distortion Humbucker with my texas specials in the neck and mid positions. But when I want classic Strat tones, I turn to Tilly!! If only i were a set of triplets, then I could play my Fender, Tilly, and Autumn! (My Ovation by the way) I think the only thing I would change would be the truss rod placement, its just like a Vintage strat, its in the neck pocket and that's a bitch to mess with when its located there... but whatever as long as it works!! If some low life S.O.B. were to steal my Tilly from me, 1-he will no longer be stealing any other guitar ever again, and never breath again either =) and I would definitely buy another! this is a GREAT Strat copy for a really cheap price as i have seen through sites. I love everything about this guitar, only thing i hate, as stated above, is the truss rod placement, the cheap plastic nut that will eventually wear on anyone who owns this guitar, and whatever material the trem block is made of that a friggin hole was made through it! My favorite feature of this beauty is the classic, pure Strat tone. At the time, i didn't compare it to anything for the reason that it was my first guitar! But i am more than happy that I got this guitar! I have been playing for the past 4 years and I started Custom building and modifying guitar for myself and friends for the past 3 years. If you come across this guitar and your looking for a good strat, this is the one! You won't regret getting this guitar.

I'm pretty confident that this guitar would last through a gig =) I have taken it to many different places, and this guitar is still going! There are many digs and dents on the lower part of the body, and it has belt buckle rash, but none of this was caused by me! I love my girls and I take very good care of all of them! Apparently this guitar has been dropped and has been left alone and fell, but it hasn't affected tone at all! As far as the plastics go, they should last a good while with proper care. If you don't want that aged look, then plan to replace! Personally, I love that aged look, shows its battle scars =) My trem block actually broke though... there's a hole in the block and the trem arm goes right through it! so til i replace it, looks like i'll be going hardtail. i don't know whether to blame this on the block itself or the conditions it went through with the previous owner. Pots are very durable and will last a good while. PU selector is a bit flimsy, mine needed repair and pretty soon will need replacement. strap buttons are solid, especially the neck side button. On the bass side, the wood has been worn and its a bit lose. (WARNING: if you are planing on mod's, the wood wears VERY EASILY! So don't take screws in and out over and over, you'll regret it!, you can only drill so many holes after all). Overall, the finish is very good and will last forever! (has lasted this far!) it's actually quite hard to scratch the body, will last lots of playing, I would depend on this guitar with no back at all!

When I received this guitar from my friend, this guitar was pretty much in the shittiest condition I have ever seen a guitar! One saddle is on its side, one was completely upside down, neck pickup fell right through, there was one screw on the mid pickup, trem block has a hole; it just hurts to think of all the things she went through... ='( but I came to the rescue! I have restored this guitar completely! I've got insanely low action, and there is no buzz what'soever! Neck is completely straight and has not moved at all! The previous owner used 11's on this guitar and I changed them to 10's and the neck hasn't moved at all! (I usually use 11's, but that's on my strat). I keep the trem floating and it keeps tuning pretty damn good! And I am constantly changing from drop D back to Standard and there is minimal change on the other strings. Only problem that I have is my nut; on the high e, it has almost completely been grinded down, so its time for a replacement! Tuning pegs are a bit loose and not much chrome has oxidized besides the PU screws and very minimal oxidation on the saddles. The vol knob is missing but I got a replacement. The pickguard is 1-ply and it's in pretty good condition. All the plastic parts are white, but most have aged, especially the PU covers. The routing on the guitar is HSS so it has possibilities =)The finish on the guitar is in very good condition, it's a poly finish from what I can tell and it was no cheap ass dip job as other Strat copies.

A Japanese Strat-copy. 21 frets on a 7.5" Maple neck. Solid Plywood (possibly Maple) body (5.5 lbs) 25.5" scale length. Cream/Tan Poly finish. 1 vol, 2 tone pots, 5 way selector. SSS PU's, Vintage style tremolo. Vintage sealed tuners. Chrome hardware and white plastic's. This guitar is simply awesome! And delivers great tone! I received this guitar off a friend who thought it was broken, I simply opened her up and it was the HOT wire to the output jack that came lose, that's it! Re-soldered it and BAM! It was show time! I knew nothing about this guitar until I did some research and not many people know much about this guitar. All I know is that my guitar is some where between 70's to 80's. Assuming that this is an exact copy, it has a lot of 60's style appointments to it. I'm really blown away that this guitar is an import. It could easily combat any domestic!

1298ty
    Quantumdriven wrote: Okay, so we've got some retarded foike-faces baisturds on here. The sort of losers that cry to their grandma to buy them an American 70s Strat for $1700 that was made in the Bakersfield factory. Morons. The sort of jokers that lie about doin' "Praise Worship Service" at church with their axe and gettin' a blow-job from the preacher's daughter, lol. The sort of peckerwoods that have never had a strap on and stood or sat up straight, but instead just slouch on the couch and jack their meat and cry while strumming after having again been confronted by mommie tellin' them it's time to get a job. The sort of gay and lesbian mofos that lie about going down on Drew Barrymore at a handicap toilet stall in the early 90s. The sort of a-hole dildo using guys that have been banned from Guitar Center for overstaying their welcome and smearing the axes with KFC grease. And have been fingerprinted for stalking teen girls at music stores too. The sort of anal retentive jerkoffs that get on UltimateGuitar Reviews and bash me for lovingly raving about my first electric guitar. I tell you what mofos, it's a Japan classic. I could've got a Starcaster in a pawn shop for $130.95 after tax, but screw that. I don't pay tax to The Man and contribute to you losers' SSI and SSD checks, okay? I paid $30 shipping and no tax for my $129.95 e-bay guitar on a Buy Now click and I got a classic. Whereas all you losers have got is your fecal urgency and screaming pleas to momma to buy you a new pack of Depends. And as for you slimy women on here that ooze brown discharge from your nasty poon, here's a little hint: For gawd sake haven't you learned to not let a schlong go from your arse to your tuna pie... I'm just sayin', okay? And for you loser dudes that dream of banging your highly medicated downs syndrome teen girl cousin... yeah, better stick with the Mrs Pauls warm apple pie. ***** Oh, and I was able to pop that nut out of the slot and sand it a bit. But I would recommend having a spare one at the ready, as it's a tedious chore at least for me, and I do see how it might've broke if someone before me had wrongly used Super Glue. Anyway, happy wallowing in your cum and poon juice soaked sheets to ya'll!
    I had no idea someone could be this stupid.. So much fail in one post, I can't take it!
    ken.ramos.56
    I also have a guitar of this model and am still using it until now when we have gigs as a back-up guitar.. It was sold to me by an unknown guy 15 years ago and never thought this guitar is made by an 1892 guitar company in the US until I happened to visit this page. I was amazed when i knew its kinda pretty rare guitar and luckily I still have it now in good condition..I might check the codes and serial numbers as to when it was manufactured.. so excited to know if my guitar is older than me.. Anyway,, Thanks,..Thanks..
    Quantumdriven
    Update: July 4th, 2011 Just thought I'd check back in with my haters, lol. Okay I'm still not straight what year mine is. From the best guess it's a '78 - '82 issue. As for friggin' sure I've got a solid neck with a maple fingerboard, and the pickup cavities definately show many laminates and perhaps some glue impregnated sawdust laminates. But no "splinters" stuff goin' on with mine. Perhaps the body of the neck is three piece, but I'd never know unless I flat stripped it down to reveal any joining splices. I say it's a solid one piece neck based on how nil it's jogged from relief to near straight with a variety of strings tried and temps in the 60 - 84 degree realm it endures. My neck's profile is a nicely thin C style I guess you'd say. I never really thought about it till my nephew brought his Starcaster over for me to overhaul, and it was evident to my feel his is a deeper C, and you can clearly see where the headstock curves more pronounced as it dives into the neck on mine than it does on his. Maybe 3/64 inch difference, but hey that's big in guitar talk and will cramp your hand if you're like me and get anal and locked in to a certain neck profile. No don't hold me to my silly comment above about it being a dead ringer for Buddy Holly's 50s Strat. For of course Harmony didn't copy the headstock, but if they had this would've been an "Outlaw" guitar no doubt. Why the suits at Fender allowed Harmony and everybodies reatrded cousin to dead ringer copy the Strat I'll never know. They only seemed to bring lawsuit if a outfit would go the whole way and copy the headstock too. Mine is sunburst. And I do wish some expert would let me know the dates that the three-tone sunburst was produced. I think the black/red/ orangish yellow is the coolest ever. And I'll add that I did end up knocking that nut out on this and sanding it, so now my action is as low as it gets. I'm going to get the Tex/Mex pups for this just out of curiosity, but am holding out till somebody gives me solid and true advice on what pots I should get-- they surely need changed, and it's a joke how they just spin really super freely. And hey this friggin' forum locks me out of Spell-Checker, so whatever. It's a 25 1/2 inch scale, and my try with Elixer Poly-Wound and D'Addario Chromes proved downright a joke. D'Addario Pure Nickle or Fender Bullet Pure Nickle seems the way to go for some bass lower growl. And of course you can go the brighter route and get severe twang if you want with Ernie Balls or anything else. I'm just sayin' thar those Poly-Wounds and Chromes were a sloppy wobbling mess that the 25 1/2 inch scale couldn't handle. I wish it was a 24 3/8 inch scale just to see what those D'Addario Chromes could've done.
    Quantumdriven
    Be a stand-up queer or man hating lesbian and post for real mofos. This anonymous crap is chicken turds, lol. I'm The Man!
    ttenrubr
    I have a Harmony H80T I bought a bunch of years back and then i rushed out to Guitar Center and bought a Strat case to put it in, that was about 25 years ago, at least and I was wondering, seeings how you tell it like it is, if you would have any idea what the guitar and case would be worth. i have had it in the house in the case for all these years and have only brought it out to drive the wife nutz when she really pisses me off; it worked much better when I had my Fender Silverface Twin Reverb but I sold that for $1300 to some preacher a few years back. Now I just use my Fender practice amp, oh yeah I was asking about what do you think the guitar and case are worth? Thanks for helping rick
    Leafs_65
    Am I the only one who questions whether or not all of these uppity posters who go on and on about the superiority of Les Pauls and American made Strats actually own US Strats or Gibson Les Pauls. A lot of this just sounds like BS posturing from dudes who are desperate to be considered aficionados. I'm considering buying a Jay Turser just so I won't be lumped in with these tools.
    kevinpaul
    I wanted a Strat made in Japan for a long time. I was waiting for a sales person and picked up a little back guitar. It was one of them, I lost that want fast.