Shorty review by Hofner

Hofner: Shorty

Purchased from: Malaysia

It sounds better than I expected. The humbucker is loud but the clean tone a bit bright. It's not a problem because it can be adjusted. Plugged in with my Boss DS-1 and 15 watt Marshall. I got nice Zeppelin sounding. I play some riff and licks on it, it respond every touch you put on it. You have to take some time to get used to it.

I need a travel guitar which lead me buying this. I'll get a another pod pocket, a headphones and have this gig to the college. This guitar seems so convenient to me. I love it when it comes with cute bag. If this were stolen, I would not buy this anymore. I'll just get another better travel gig.

It took me some time to get used to it. I had trouble resting my hand on it and now, it is not a problem anymore. It seems last. You might get a another strap lock because the strap goes off everytime I play it. This guitar is good enough to do live on stage with backup. Trust me.

The paint job is good and the neck wood is beautiful. Action's good. Pickup is good. Believe me you can shred on this guitar if you get used to it. Initially, it comes with rusty strings and the intonations were run off a little bit, I had the string changed and get the intonations adjusted. Now, it is perfect.

Not sure when it was made. Made in China. It's cheap. It has 24 frets, a nice basswood neck, nice finishing and only one humbucker near bridge. Comes with cute gig bag and cheap cable. The outer pocket gig bag can fit almost two pedals which I think good enough to fit pod pocket and foldable headphone.

eddie.baby
    This is a nice sounding guitar. It does feel a little odd and is a bit awkward to play being neck heavy, due to this it doesnt balance well when playing but playing with a strap greatly helps this, especially if the strap is attached to the headstock in my experience, but other people may not find this such an issue. Its well made sounds great and best of all its affordable, its not a bad price when you look at other travel guitars in comparison. If you are ever going to travel why would you take an expensive travel guitar, if it was that important wouldnt you just take a much cheaper and better full size guitar. This does the job it was designed to do and it does it well. It has a full size neck and that feels as a real guitar would in a much smaller package. I bought a blue one and when my partner saw it in the bag she said its tiny then when I got it out her first impression was its hideous, I disagree personally it quite caught my eye when I first saw it. I was looking at the traveler eg-1 but they were going for much much more even second hand at the time. I would much rather put that money towards a full size Mexican Strat, Les Paul, Telecaster or whatever. If money was no object then I would have bought the traveler eg1 as it does look and probably feel better but this is a very nice affordable compromise. The gig bag it comes with is also very poorly padded which is not great for a travel guitar I thought. Why not give it a harder case ? you could always wrap it in your towels I suppose : )
    Bennynen
    I have this guitar & I totally agree with this review. I think its a pretty good guitar for the money. All I had to do was change the strings & it was good to go
    MUSERULESALL
    I love these guitars... not because they are a particularly awesome guitar in an of themselves. but of all the guitars I've ever played (which is many hundreds) i've never played anything that sounds of feels this nice anywhere even close to this price range. From a sheer play-ability, and tonality aspect, it is as nice as almost any 400 or 500 dollar guitar i've ever played, and i've played lots more expensive than that, that I liked less. definitely worth every penny just for having a trusty travel ready guitar. I've also recorded with mine, cause it is just a great humbucking type tone all round.
    zendivers
    I wanted a travel guitar and happened to see a black shorty in a music shop in Penrith Cumbria for 45 second hand. I thought at that price I cant go wrong! However, I was really pleased with the guitar - it's finish and tone are all great - it feels really good to hold as well - it's just great fun to play and looks decidedly odd (which I like!) Every one should get one just so you can play your guitar anywhere! Highly recommended!
    Sifudug
    I bought a Hofner Short. It feels, handles and plays very well. I used an acoustic style strap which helped if feel more balanced . The Hofner pick up was micro-phonic, so I replaced it with a Gibson 57 Classic Humbucker Pickup, Zebra, which fixed almost all of the pick up problems I was having. However, the pick up is also very close to the bridge which creates a lot of resonance, which can be cured by lowering the pick-up and turning the gain way down. This is the third travel guitar I've owned and for the money, with a couple modifications,it is the best one.
    stuartis
    My blue one straps nicely on the motorbike with the camping gear. A 1 watt battery amp from fender is plenty loud and it fits in the pocket on the bag. A non-slip strap is essential to fight the imbalance. The 24 fret neck means normal 22 fret solos are easy to play.