G3T review by Hohner

Hohner: G3T

Purchased from: a friend

I play heavy metal/power metal, the guitar's sound its just what I needed the 24 frets aloud me to make ear-bleeding solos, it's very good and it never fails.

Heavy metal, it's just what I needed. I can play Iron Maiden songs with just the right tone its just something else pretty good.

Well I've been playing it for 5/6 years I believe, everything its still in a pretty good shape, the strings had las a long while, swip picking screw strings this strings had las lots of swip pickings its just excellent.

Well the guy gave it to me in a poor condition (I still think he trew it through the stairs before giving it to me.) I had to fix the plug thing I don't how it's called, thats the only thing that was bad in it everything else is ok.

It looks pretty old I'd say it was made in the 80's, in Korea, it has 24 frets, 3-way and and a steinberger system tuner, it's quite cool. I can't believe I gat it that cheap has, it's black the body style its hmmm well you gat to see it. It's headless and uses a double head strings which I think is very very bad (I can't seem to find the bloody strings in any shop around).

richardcuccia
    I have had a G3T for about 17 years. It's great. I love it. It is the "essence of guitar". It's got everything that an electric guitar player needs. Plus, it's short, light, compact, versatile, and sounds great. I'd love to get another one. You should get one also.
    christoffer11
    decent guitar, pick up's may need an upgrade (changed mine with active EMG's, the real problem is the R-trem, made out of a low quality (and cost) potmetal alloy, if you use it, the post where the spring rest against will go bad and eventually break , this happened me 2 times , and I'm not an agressive user
    kevinmcg
    Double Head strings - also known as Double Ball End strings, as they have a ball at each end. These are secured at bridge and beyond the nut and are incredibly quick and easy to replace. They are more expensive than standard strings. I believe an adapter is available to enable the use of standard strings on this model, and newer Steinberger models can use standard strings as well as double ball end strings. I bought a G3T recently secondhand and its bulletproof with an action described at a local music shop as 'spectacular'. Very nice to play and live with, I love it
    McDuffie
    I have this guitar, and the action and the fretboard is as good as the best guitars I have played or owned. The only thing is that the pickups on this thing are terrible, especially the bridge pickup. I am swapping them out with Lace pickups on my next payday.