Rockwood LX90L review by Hohner

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Hohner: Rockwood LX90L

Purchased from: A friend

I play anything Metal/Rock, ranging from Suicide Silence to Black Sabbath and the Rockwood LX90L copes with it very good. I use a Marshall MG10 practice amp and Guitar Rig 4 laptop software. The guitar produces at least 5 different sounds thanks to the pickup selector and tone controls.

Overall, I've rated the guitar a 6. This was my first electric guitar and with a couple of changes it's been okay. I'd advise a beginner to buy this instead of another generic low-end Strat copy.

I play this guitar everyday, and like I said before, it keeps in tune well. I've owned this guitar second-hand for around a year now, and the finish (gloss black) is only just starting to wear.

When I bought the guitar, the action was terrible, but with a new set of strings and a quick tune up, it improved massively. The pickups were quite low producing a weak volume, but once I raised them, It sounded much better than a cheap low-end Stratocaster copy.

The Rockwood LX90L was made in Japan, It's got a maple neck with 22 frets. It's a typical Stratocaster shape with all the features of a Fender (3 single coil pickups, 5-way switch, 1 volume and 2 tone knobs, tremolo system. The nut is non-locking but stays in tune quite good, especially without the use of the trem.

zaiten
    how do they know it's made in Japan? it doesn't say so anywhere on the body.