AFS75T review by Ibanez

Ibanez: AFS75T

The sound is the best part of this guitar. Has a very bright sound and with a little distortion it soulds alot like a Stratocaster. I use a Fender 80 watt with it and the humbuckers perform very well. As well as this there is suprisingly no feed back. I thought the "F" holes would produce atleast a little feed back as it is a semi-acoustic but there is none at all. I play it a punk/rock band at it performs very well. It has the strait out grunt it needs for power cords yet individual picking remanins delicate and has a full sound. Plus great harmonics and is very responsive when I'm shredding lead. An ideal guitar for a lead guitarist. Also has great sustain. A hollow body with the characteristics of a solid body guitar. Just awesome!

Overall it's a very impressive guitar. It performs very well for the style of music I play (punk/rock). It sounds alot better then both my Samick and the Squier I play whether it be unplugged as the Ibanez is a semi-acoustic, or plugged in. Now that I have this I want more guitars from the Ibanez Artcore range. All the features are great. I wish it cut away a little more though. I've been playing for nearly 13 years and I feel as if this guitar has the feel of a Les Paul and the sound of a Stratocaster. What better a mix could you want?

This is definately a guitar to depend on. I have used in on stage and it doesnt feedback at all. The stap buttons are a good size. I don't even need strap locks. The hardware is very solid. Even the machine heads are good and strong as the guitar stays in tune very well even if I realy push it to its limits. The finish is great and should last well. I think that if you never wiped the guitar down with a rag that the finish could become foggy as it gets touched alot. But it looks great so its best to keep it looking great.

The guitar was set up exactly the way I would want it. Has a beautiful transparent blue finish that would withstand a descent scratch (lets not try and see though). Action is excellent, it's very low and this makes it very responsive and easy to bend the strings.

22 small frets with artcore set in the neck. Has a mahogany neck with maple top sides and back. Beautiful transparent finish that leaves the viewer looking at there own reflection as well as the grain of the timber behind the finish. VBF70 tremolo and the roller bridge work great together as the guitar stays in tune when you use the tremolo, amazing! 3-way selector. 1 neck volume nob and 1 body plus, 1 neck tone nob and 1 body tone. Double "F" hole style body with floating scrath plate and dual humbuckers. Mother of pearl bars in frets 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17, 19, 21. I wish the cutaway came back a little further. I can comfortably reach the 18th fret but a little more would have been better. Unfortunately it didnt come with a case but I did get it cheap.