Apex2 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Apex2

Purchased from: Music Shop

It fits my music style like my boot! I play progressive or nu-metal stuff like Korn, Fellsilent, Keith Merrow, Periphery, Animals As Leaders, Gojira, Kryn, Sepultura, Fearedse, etc but you can play whatever falls in your crazy mind. I can get any sound I want and in the end it cames out perfectly! I'm using a Line 6 POD Studio UX2 soundcard and a Laney LX35R which is a low budget but nevertheless good and loud practice amp that I will change in the future, I'm also using a Boss MD-2 pedal. The sound is rich and has its own charm and it isn't noisy at all which plays a big part for me!

I play nu metal inspired by Korn, that's the reason why I bought the guitar in the first place, I had a rough time deciding between a new 6 string and a new 7 stringer, obviously as time passed I wanted something new so I bought this beauty. I can't hate this guitar its just overused by me that I could hate it. If it was stolen I would find the bastard and kill him in a cold-blood Michael Myers style, just kidding I would make the same thing to his girlfriend too. If you are a big fan of Korn and you love nu-metal I totally recommend this beast to you, it blows to much $#"% up and it will be your long lasting companion as long you take care of it and show some respect to this instrument cause it is more then just that.

I never played live but if it can survive a nuclear attack then it can withstand some dancing. The strap locks are solid like a rock and they didn't failed me, when you hook your strap up, you'll need a good time to take it down. The finish is great, I mean the guitar is made for playing not for some fashion model catwalk so it isn't a matter for me how the guitar looks like from the outside but how it plays from its mechanic heart lol. The olive kind green reminds me on Munky's old Ibanez model that he used in the late 90s.

As I said before the guitar was made like a V-2 rocket. The action from the first to the last fret is perfect! And yeah peps you'll get used to the wider neck cause obviously, its a freaking sevenstringer. The guitar came without any flaws just the way everybody wished it was made and the material that is used for it makes an amazing deal.

My Ibanez Apex2 was made in Korea. The body is made out of mahogany, the neck is a 5 Piece Maple/Walnut and a rosewood fingerboard. The neck features 24 jumbo frets with the Apex logo/inlay on the 12th fret. The pickups are DiMarzio PAF-7 which I think are the most brilliant things that I could test and finally use when I bought the guitar. The guitar itself is made so perfectly that is very hard for me to find a good reason to blame the people who made it lol. Seriously the guitar plays itself and I don't find a reason to change or replace any part of the guitar like the pickups with some EMG-s or Duncans whatsoever its sound excellent just like it is, good job Munky and co! Anyways the rest of the controls are 1 volume knob and a 3 way toggle switch, that's all what you need! Also, I love the fact that its Munky's signature guitar which made me buy this guitar instead of a Schecter Blackjack ATX-C7, cause we all love Munky's dreads lol.

Yamamoto
    OldEscape both Lyrax and I didn't gave a shit about you and said your ****ing name in any of our comments. I don't see why are you so bitchy about it. Maybe you are gay and trying to be an attention ***** who knows everything is possible as it is possible to get a good 7-string that is affordable and not to bitch about how a guitar of 2000-3000 bucks has more features. I really don't know whats your problem, check my first comment and see for yourself please, did I offend you in any fuking way, Lyrax and I shared OUR opinion about this guitar and good music.
    MrKnister
    I was the owner of one of these guitars, too. At that time I was a huge Korn fan, that was one of the reason. Overall its a very good guitar , but i did not want to play 7-string anymore. Only points I need to mention, that i didnt feel very comfortable with the neck. Maybe its depending on the width, but it felt a little bit harder to play than my SZ520.
    Lyrax
    OldEscape, STFU dude. Did we insult you in some way? Or is it that we have better axes than you? I don't really get what's your issue here. This guitars has absolutely the best cleans out of any other guitars I have played, especially through the neck PU. I also like the simplicity of it, a volume knob, string through body, only a 12th fret inlay and such. You should definitely try it out and try to get a good Deal on it. 1200$ is a bit pricey. I was lucky and got it for 3/5 of the price brand new!
    Semperfidelis23 wrote: Oh i see. Its a sig model
    Yep, a sig Made in Korea, unfortunately... wouldn't touch it unless it was priced at $500 - $600 ('cause that's what it's worth, honestly), but even then... would probably the funds invest elsewhere.
    Basti95 wrote: Pretty gross colour :/
    Yep, he hasn't had a good sig (IMO) since the K-7, that firespeak blue was tight, atrocious inlay, though.
    Sir Garfield wrote: I wish they would have introduced the fixed bridge/string-thru design earlier... Now the only thing that keeps me from replacing my K-7 with the Apex2 is the 12th fret inlay of the Apex. I mean, come on, that looks just like the LTD EC-1000 inlays... Otherwise a great guitar!
    Get a 7 string J-Custom, that way you don't have someone's tacky name written all over it. The Only sig I could see myself purchasing in Munk's sig options is the apex 100, and at the $2,500 range, I'd still keep saving for a J-Custom
    OldEscape
    There are way Better specs on a 7 string J-Custom, too. Way more options, better feel. Worth the investment vs buying his sigs, but that's my two cents. As I tried to say earlier, would probably be best to invest your funds elsewhere. If I were in the market for a 7, I'd check out the UV777, but if the basswood body puts you off, go with J-Custom Mahogany body.
    Lyrax
    Yamamoto
    OldEscape
    My Alembic runs circles around this MIK Piece of Shit excuse of a sig model all day, everyday.
    Lyrax wrote: ...And the J-Customs cost a shitload more and are harder to get a hold of than the Apex. I am satisfied with my Apex.
    Obviously you're looking in the wrong places, & the costs justifies the quality, but hey, pardon me for sharing my opinion. Some people would rather not buy a MIK POS signature guitar, douche.
    OldEscape
    Yamamoto wrote: Hey people I just wanted to give you some feedback on this review cause I wrote it. Sorry if I didn't point some other details and features that came with this guitar cause the previous dude already wrote everything important. Anyways I stand behind the words I said about it but mark this, the guitar ofcourse didn't cost full 1200 bucks (btw I'm not from Japan but from Croatia and the value of money is different so are the lower prices etc.) I got it for 40 % lower than it actually costed which was pretty sexy. By the way people please check the band called "Kryn" and also open your earholes for "Feared's" new album called "Refeared". And gosh @Basti95 get over the color man, it doesn't makes the guitar sound more beastly, f***
    Fuck you.