AR100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: AR100

Purchased from: sam ash

This guitar suites my music style very well. The mahogany body is great for classic rock and metal (Blues every now and then) and really makes up for the trebley pickups. Right now I'm playing out of a Fender Frontman 15G. Its a Pretty quite guitar with no hum but the pickups are pretty sensitive.

I've been playing for a few years now. I don't have much money so the only other instrument I have is a Harmony Hummingbird Acoustic. If it were lost or stolen I would definitely get another one if I had the money. I love the it has a comfortable fell and sound. I hate nothing about it but thicker sounding pickups would be nicer. I really like the clean look of the guitar. I compared the guitar to the Epiphone Les Paul 100 I picked this one because of the set neck clean look and better sound.

The guitar seams like its built well and and would be Reliable. The hard ware seems to be of good quality The strap buttons are very solid. Never gigged before so would not know if I needed a backup. The finish durable and dose not scratch easily.

The action on this guitar was pretty low which I liked. The has a bit of buzz but not enough to really notice. The guitar had no flaws except for a slight dent on the side of the guitar near the sound guitars. The pickup selector is not super quite but not the loud.

Year I not sure of but I think is fairly new Made in China. It has a 22 fret bound rosewood fret board with a cool little inlay at the 12th fret and I think it has a 24.75 scale. The body and neck are both made out of mahogany. The body is a comfortable single cutaway. It has A Gibraltar III tune-o-matic style bridge. It has 2 stock Ibanez Passive pickups that make the gutair sound a little thin for a full mahogany body. There not bad; but if you can replace them go ahead. There are two volume and one tone controls and a three way selector. The tuners work fairly well but locking ones would be nice.