AR300 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: AR300

Purchased from: Mom's Music in Jeffersonville, IN

The sound of this guitar is great. It isn't as deep as a les paul, still has good bass response. The only problem that I have with the pickups is that they don't ring long enough. However this guitar can make any kind of sound, from almost acoustic to the most distorted metal sounds ever. The only way this guitar would sound better is with some different pickups and a better amp (not a Vox AVT 15).

With only the few quirks, this guitar is the best buy out there! It far exceeds guitars 3 times the price. Everybody Who played it at the store agreed too. The guitar tech there almost cried when I bought it because the loved it so much. This guitar kicks major ass!

This is the only place where this guitar lacks any real quality. The upper strap button started coming loose the first few times I played it standing up. It can be easily fixed with a longer screw. The input jack came a little loose with frequent use too.

It was set up perfectly from the factory!

My AR300 is a 2005 model. It has 22 frets and an almost PRS style neck. It is set very well and has a very good action. The inlays are gorgeous and the rosewood fretboard is smooth as silk. The mahogany body is a little heavy, but gives an awesome sound. It has a flamed maple top in a brown-burst finish. I really love the double cut les paul style body. The bridge is an Ibanez Tune-O-Matic bridge with an Ibanez quick load stop-bar. The dual Ibanez humbuckers sound pretty dang good for the price. The dual volume and tone controls and 3-way switch further the amazing sound of this guitar. And the beautiful pearloid Ibanez tuners will keep it in tune for weeks! I didn't recieve any accessories with it though.

Nedir Kire
    I have 4 guitars, 2 of which are Ibanez. Ibanez, when put together with the right amp, will sound awesome. Listen to: Staind, The Autumn Offering, S.O.A.D. (Toxicity), to name a few. This guiatr sounds like it'd be great; I'd buy it.
    anguswalk14
    i have an ar300 and i can say that it is no doubt worth buying, it has an awsome sound and is good for playing all sourts of music
    Pr0az
    I like Ibanez, but i dont care for this guitar much, just from its appearance.
    Gorilla Fingers
    Awesome axe, great tone and the cut-away design is great for playing fast songs up the fret board
    Edde
    Pr0az : I like Ibanez, but i dont care for this guitar much, just from its appearance.
    Nice one, you just reinforced the old saying: "Don't judge a book by its cover" I have one, they are very easy to play, have a great tone and sustain very well too. Please dont judge a guitar on its looks, i didnt really like the design but the sound and playability of it is too good to pass up.
    Shredmaster42
    I think there is one called an AR200 thats a flat black and has cream colored body binding and it just looks freakin sweet. $639.99 CAN. Hellyeah.
    Blompcube
    Hows the quality control for these guitars? i've played one of these in a store and i love it, but 500 is too much of a stretch, and i've seen it on GAK for 350. Would it be a good idea to buy from GAK?
    chyst
    Hi i have a question, what do you mean with "I also raised the pick ups.." my english is not very good and I just started to play guitar and want to buy a good one. How i can raise the pick ups, and what is that? plz help
    fordman30
    I just bought one on E-bay with Gibson 490,500 PU's and Sperzels. I have played several LP's and This by far sounds better than any of them, The intonation is perfect and It's way more comfortable to play. I truly believe this is the best guitar you can buy for under $1,000.00. I got mine from online auction for $240.00 w/ $60.00 shipping. Bargain of the century. Pickup's and sperzels alone are worth more than that.