ARC100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ARC100

Purchased from: Sam Ash Tampa

I play mostly nu-metal some mainstream rock and punk and it's perfect. It's very versatile as far as genres. I can make Lamb Of God and House Of The Rising Sun both sound good with this guitar. Although the factory strings were a bit twangy which I didn't like so I replaced them with those black beauties coated strings and they sound fine, also if your going to adjust the bridge I would suggest raising/lowering the pickups too because they get ringy if too close to the strings and dull if too far (which I don't get on my ESP EMGs). I have it hooked to a Line 6 Spider II on the insane setting and I couldn't think of a better guitar. I will definatly stick to Ibanez for now on, maybe a prestige next time. I basicly bought this guitar to get a fell for them since I had never played one before.

Perfect match for me. I've been going for 5 years now. I own 2 other esps and soon maybe an Ibanez and two Peavey cabnets along with a Peavey head. If it was stolen or lost I would probably buy another one of better quality like a prestige or maybe the mick thompson sig. It's only real flaw is the inlays, they are pearloid rectangles which is nice if you like that but they make it seem to busy for me. I like none at all or dots, or especaily the ESPs with the model name at the 12 fret.

I wouldn't play live simply because I have nicer guitars but if this is your price range then yeah definatly go for it. Unless you like single coils cause this is a real noticable difference. As far as durability I bang it against stuff all the time (on accident) and it's yet to have a scratch of any kind. Finish is definatly here to stay. It seems and looks almost double clear coated to the touch.

Out of factory is not bad but you will need to adjust to fit your music style because of the versatility, besides that nothing wrong with the setup at all exept maybe the strings. Oh, I did have some loose pickup wiring but one twist of the screw driver fixed that, no real damage done to the wiring.

It's a 2004 model made in China. It's got 22 frets rosewood fretboard and a solid top. mahagony body. It's got a flamed top and a set neck. Tune-O-Matic bridge (which is interesting for the price). Active Ibanez dual humbuckers. There is two volume one tone controls and a 3-way selector. It came with Ibanez tuners but I put in gotoh instead (I get them 50 percent off for brothers employee discount). The original were non locking but my new ones lock.