ARC300 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ARC300

I play just about anything on the guitar and found it incredibly versitile. I play it through a Vox Valvetronix and the guitar can make a super fast punk sound, to a warm bluesy sound, even on my crappy Fender Frontman amp. The pickups can be a bit better, but for the price, I'm not complaining much.

I play everything, but I'm in a punk band and it's fine. I've been playing for 4 years and played with a few high end gibsons and the Ibanez can compare quite nicely. If it were lost or stollen, I'd probably buy something else because I like to try new things, but that doesn't mean it's not a great guitar. I love the flame top has got to be the mest guitar me or my friends had ever owned.

The thing is great. Dropped it on the gravel and only got tiny little scratches. I had this for over a year and nothing was wrong with it. I play it at gigs alot and I don't want to play with it in gigs because it will soon be drenched in spit by the crowed, so I have to give up my lazy habits and clean it after every gig.

The action wasn't exactly Gibson style, but it was fine with me since I'm lazy and don't want to change it. There's nothing much to say about this because just about everything is perfect. The only thig that isn't is that the finish is soon a fingerprint mess and you have to polish every 5 seconds if you want it to remain fingerprint-free (I don't 'cause I'm lazy).

The guitar is made in China. The fingerboard is rosewood and has block inlays. 22 frets. The body is mahogany and it has a flamed maple top with "dark violin sunburst" finish. It has a single cutaway and it looks a bit like a more rounded Les Paul. It has a 3-way pickup selecter, two Ibanez humbucker pickups and 2 volume controls and 1 tone controls.

deacon_3d
    I got one of these in April, reccomended by my teacher, after trying a different guitar every week for a couple months. This one felt so good, and it made me better. My teacher said that it inspired me, thats why I got better. I'm still new and have alot to learn, but this is great for the price. If I were to get another guitar it would be an Ibanez AF75, I played one of them loved it but was likeing les paul looking stuff. hope my opinion helps.