ARC300 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ARC300

I'm playing this through a Crate GX-65 American made combo without any effects, and to be honest, this guitar can do it all. I am totally impressed with the tone that comes from the ACH pickups. Maybe it's the weight of the guitar, or the 2 volume knobs, I don't know but, this axe blows away any Epiphone Les Paul that I've ever heard, and IMO, some of Gibson's lower priced stuff as well. I can play Blues, Country, Metal, and Classic Rock with this Guitar with ease. It's extremely versatile once you set it up right and adjust the pickups and your amp settings accordingly. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not getting one of these earlier. This is a keeper for sure!

I play Rock, Blues, and 80's Metal and I've been playing for over 37 years. In all of my years of playing, this guitar is a pleasant surpise to say the least. If anything ever happened to it, I would definately look for another one, no doubt. As a matter of fact, if I did came across another one, I just might snatch it up just for the hell of it. As I stated earlier, this blows away any Epiphone, some Gibsons, and hell, it'll even give some of my beloved Fenders a run for their money. It's just that damm good.

This is one solid instrument and I believe, could withstand anything. Then again, I'm not into abusing my guitars, seeing as how I baby all of my equipment. Everything on this is all stock and doesn't need to be replaced IMO. I could use this at a gig without a backup. The finish seems like it could last providing you don't go and do anything crazy to it.

I traded a MIM 2001 Strat for this and when I got it, the neck had some serious fret buzz, along with the intonation being off. The pickups were also really close to the strings. It seems that the previous owner didn't believe in taking care of his guitars, which pisses me off. Once I did some work on it, I had it set up as if it just came off the assembly line. Now, the action on it, is perfect and the fine tuners work well. The stock Ibanez tuners do a good job of maintaining tuning stability. It's all in how you setup your guitar, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm assuming that mine was made around 2007 or so. There's no serial number on it to confirm it. It's made of mahoghany with a Rosewood fretboard and 22 frets, with a beautiful Sunburst finish. The tuners are stock Ibanez, while the bridge and tailpiece are a Gilbratar III system with fine tuners. The electronics are Ibanez ACH pickups with 2 separate volume controls and 1 tone control with a 3 way pickup switch. The body design is similar to that of a Les Paul, except the horn is more rounded and the upper back of the body has a contour similar to a Strat, which I found to be very comfortable for when I cose to sit down with this instrument. I also got a heavy duty Parker Gigbag as part of the trade with this. For a Chinese made guitar, this is one well made instrument!

Petar
    letsROCK147 wrote: Ibanez guitars can suck it
    Even if they do, they'll still play better than everything else
    jeffo46
    letsROCK147 wrote: Ibanez guitars can suck it
    Gee, you must play First Act Guitars!
    OXL
    Why?
    gp5395
    letsROCK147 wrote: Ibanez guitars can suck it
    i would gladly accept that offer from an ibanez