ARC300 review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Ibanez: ARC300

Purchased from: pawn shop

Very rich and heavy sound perfect for heavy rock and metal. Mahogany body and active pickups. The pickups aren't bad but are particular to the amp you play it on and you will have to eq it to get the tone right otherwise they aren't horrible but EMGs are much better. With EMGs I believe this guitar would be a 9 but I give it a 7 because it is not bad but could be better.

Really nice guitar if you take it to a luthier to do the work to fix it, since I know how to do it I save a few hundred dollars as it needed alot of work to get it playable again. Not impressed at all but like I said it was in a pawn shop so who knows what happened to it before I got it. I can not say if it came out of the factory this way. I am very pleased with it now and would buy another one. This is really for rock and metal, you can do blues but the pickups are very compressed sounding to me and just not suitable for less aggressive styles of music. Massive sustain and rich harmonic noise this guitar I call it the buzzsaw because of how bad it was when I got it lol but now I love it.

I beat the crap out of it and it plays great. It seems well built just had a very shitty neck when I got it but it looks like it would hold up very well to abuse and gigging with it. I have nothing more to say and I have to type in 75 more frickin words I have nothing more to say and I have to type in 75 more words.

The neck was terrible when I got it. It needed extensive fret work and alot of truss rod adjustment to get it straight and to play well with low action. After all this work I would give it a 10 it is such a great player but the way I got it was absolutely horrible.

Well first I must tell you I bought it in a pawn shop. Like any guitar in a pawn shop well, you have no idea what the previous owner(s) did to it. When I got it it looked brand new but the fret work was dreadful. I had to have the action ridiculously high to play without annoying buzzing going through the amp. So I got a file and some steel wool, and a wrench for the truss rod and went to work on it. First I loosened the neck fully for a while to let the wood settle and then I began to tighten it up. I then filed down the frets carefully a little a time and kept tightening and doing this. Then I fully tightened the truss and let it sit for a few days. After all this work I now have very low action and almost no buzz at all. It plays like a high end Les Paul now and I'm happy with it. I don't know if it came from the factory this way but it's not acceptable if it did. Possibly the original owner knocked a fret up, I really don't know. It is a good sounding and great playing guitar now but it needed serious work to get it. Now this is a shredding beast. I'd give it a 10 after all the work I did but the way I got it it was like a 3, just horrible action and buzzing everywhere.

MaggaraMarine
    MT in Austin wrote: letsROCK147 wrote: Ibanez guitars can suck it What are you, 13?
    He actually was when he wrote that.