ART100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ART100

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I play mainly rock music and this guitar is perfect for both clean and dirty sounds. The 3-way toggle Switch lets you choose the pickup configuration that fits the style you are looking for, making this guitar rather versatile in the sound department. Right now I am using this guitar through a MG100HDFX.

Like I said above, I play rock music and this guitar is a perfect fit. I've been playing guitar for 2 years and have owned Ibanez basses in the past. It it were stolen, I would definitely buy another. I wanted a single cutaway guitar without breaking the bank. I looked at Agile Les Paul knockoffs on the web, and played an Epiphone Les Paul before buying this model. For the price, you cannot beat this single cutaway. The only thing I wish this guitar had was more finish options. Although the silver and black both look great.

I would say this guitar is very reliable. I've owned Ibanez guitars in the past and have never had any problems with them. The hardware all seems very solid for a guitar in this price range. I installed a strap lock system on my guitar, but the strap buttons are solid from the factory. The finish is perfect (the black finish looks good too) and I would definitely use this guitar on a gig without a backup.

My guitar was set up perfect when I played it at the store. The action was just right and needed no adjustment what'soever. Ibanez makes this guitar in two colors: black and silver. I chose the silver one because I have too many black guitars as it is. I really liked the inlay at the 12th fret, as well as the absence of dot inlays on the fretboard. It gives the guitar a very simple, clean look. There were no flaws in any aspect. The knobs are all static-free, the finish is perfect, and the toggle Switch is noise-free.

Not sure of what year/where this model was made, but I bought it last week and I am the first owner. I set out to buy a decently-priced single cutaway guitar and this one fit the bill. It has 22 medium frets, with a tribal-like inlay at the 12th fret. The body is made out of mahogany and the fingerboard is made from rosewood. The bridge is a fixed Gibraltar III. The pickups are nothing to shout about, but sound very nice and versatile for a $300 guitar.

Twebbz
    Does it sound like a Les Paul or would it with a pickup replacement...maybe PAFs?
    Eddie's'Waitor
    I have this guitar and it is awesome. For Metal it sounds better than my friend's Gibson Black Beauty, and that is saying something
    tpbethke
    the art120 has the loz hot humbuckers that you can find in the art 300 320 400 and 500 the 120 has the same available finishes as the 100's the 300's have the caiman finish the 320's have the grey maple finish the 400 have the koa finish and the 500 have the violin finish in the us we can only get the 100, 300 and 400 I just ordered a 300 in the caiman brown today but if the dollar was stronger I would have ordered the 320 or the 500 they are both incredible looking. From the 120 up I believe all hardware is the same. And doing some ebay research i have found that the weight is just under 7.5 lbs
    desolatehighway
    I just got this guitar a few days ago. Spurr of the moment type thing. I went to the guitar shop looking to pick up the Cort EVL series (Washburn has a better model, but for a HELL of alot more) But when I got there, Chris (the owner) said that I was a week late, and that someone already picked it up. So, randomly, I pick a guitar up (the Silver one) mainly because it was shiny. But when I plugged into a Marshal cab (with a marshall head), the sound I got was just beautifull. It had twice as much punch as the EVL, (and being that the EVL had EMG's, its saying something for Ibanez) I didnt want to put it down. All in all, great guitar. ~10~
    convictionless
    i was gonna get this guitar and its a full mahogany body and then i got a arx300 with a maple cap which seriously this guitar really needs it sounded too fuzzy and fat if you know what i mean
    USAPeavey
    The silver ones look sooo badass. I'm worried bout the quality though cause of the price and past experiences with my Ibanez...
    hhr
    I wrote this review...and I agree: this guitar does need a pickup swap.
    blaze2thekings
    i disagree about the Agile copies. The 3000s are incredible if you drop in some new pickups. a les paul twangy? i doubt it
    qotsa1998
    With the right equipment a Les Paul can do Metal. they have a thick sound, but i dont see how a Les Paul would be twangy. This does seem like a metal Les Paul. some EMGs would be awesome in it.
    Jastul
    Is it just me or does anyone else think this is just a les paul gone metal? (I think the les paul is too bluesy and twangy to do real metal) Anyway, great guitar, looks like ****ing WMD and sounds like a damn beast... like most ibanez
    brazen
    i wanna get the white art 100 off of musicians friend. looks sweet thanks for the review