ART100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ART100

Purchased from: Local music center

Mostly play classic rock and B-movie show tunes. Using a Line Spider3 15w practice amp in the front room primarily. As for the sound, this is why I bought this particular guitar in the first place! it's all about the sound. I was absolutely blown away by it's rich tone. The neck humbucker carries a nice melodious sound while the bridge is more sharp. If you play heavy metal, this guitar can do that as well.

This guitar is very versatile. I'm more of a classic rock guy, but my buddy is an absolute shred monster, and he was suitably impressed with this guitar as well. As stated above, I initially thought this to be a much more expensive piece. I remember it like yesterday, a long time ago, there it was up on the wall about 10 ft up when I asked to see it. I was told, "dude, you're gonna love this thing." After a short 20 min work through, I said, "I'll take it, how much?" I was absolutely floored at the price. I was initially looking for something more rich than than my MIM Fender. I would highly recommend any one looking at an higher end Epi LP or lower end Gibson LP to take a look at this model. You will not be disapointed.

I've only had it for a 3 months, but I have not discovered any serious gripes as of yet. The one area that could use a little more through would be the glass knobs, they're a little rough and not very smooth during the turn through. Due to the simplicity of the design I would not think there is much to go wrong. Reliability & durability would seem excellent.

Set up was very good, just a little fine tuning needed. The pickups were good to go, while not the hottest thing I've played, for a $299 Brand New guitar, they're pretty damned good. Overall the fit and finish are excellent. I picked this guitar up thinking it was a much more expensive model, I was shocked at the finish and sound. Comes straight outta the box with D'addario strings.

Made in China, set neck in a nice mahogany body, silver in color. 3 way Switch, volume neck and bridge and tone dials, dual humbuckers. Overall I would give this a 9 as I intentionally bought this guitar for it's simplicity and looks. it's very clean and practical.

axeslinginghero
    I have a white art100.. it plays metal wickedly without emg's... and no buddy lespauls are not twangy unless your on acid or somethin...but its totally the metal lp
    GunLeatherGuy
    You can't just change the pickups....the lz s are active with 2 aa batteries. My emg's take a 9 volt...thus you would have to change everything in the guitar. I would put them up against 81/85's in most tonal situations....most. They are hotter than sd 59/jb, emg hz's, gfs and tie with my mother buckers for absolute low end balls and tight crunch. I think they are great pups and the art 300 is about as nice as you'll find at twice the price! LOOK INTO IT!!!!!
    gofaster1000
    i have a black art100 with a seymour duncan dimebucker in the bridge. Its lethal. My buddy likes my guitar better than his $900 Schecter Hellraiser with EMGs so much, he decided to ditch the emgs and get a dimebucker, but since its active, he had to get Blackouts. anyway, after his swap, HE STILL WANTS MY GUITAR! pure metal, awesome bite, sweet harmonics.
    slomojoe
    Great guitar for $300, a good friend of mine bought one and i liked everything about it (for the price) except (and for me it is a big thing) there is a plastic black and white strip at both the top and bottom of the neck (along the low and high e strings) that makes taping and pulling off on high e a little messy as it wasn't totally smooth on the art100 i played and i found the string would catch or buzz a little on the plastic edges, good guitar for beginners but if this major flaw was not overlooked it would play better than some guitars worth over $1000.