ART100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ART100

I purchased these be cause I needed Gigging guitars that were cheep and could take my heavy handed Style! I play in a 3 piece Blues-Rock band. I initially purchased two, the white, and silver ones! I set them up with the pickups immediately the original pickups are in a box at back of closet LOL! I gig with a Blackheart Handsome devil Plugged into a 2x12 box! Pedals are TU-2 tuner, and 3 Marshall Pedals: a Reflector Reverb, Marshall Echohead Delay, and a Marshall Guv'nor Overdrive, oh and a Zakk Wylde Wahwah! In studio I use several Line 6 items! I rate it an 8 without the mods I've done and a 10 with my mods!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get paid to play the blues!! I have fun playing rock and Metal! These are a very versatile guitar Even with Factory hardware!! No one should be afraid of these, I have been usein' them live for right at 2 years I've been playing over 12 years! Gear that I own: Well I have a 1997 Gibson Les Paul Standard gold top, a 2002 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black with gold hardware! A Fender Roadhouse Strat! A Custom built frankenstrat, and Four Ibanez Art100s. I have A 1965 Gibson GA-15RVT Amplifier and a Blackheart Handsome devil that is Plugged into a 2x12 box! Pedals are Tu-2 Tuner, and 3 Marshall Pedals, first is a Reflector Reverb, Marshall Echohead Delay, and a Marshall Guv'nor Overdrive, oh and a Zakk Wylde wahwah! In studio I also use several Line 6 items! I never use my Vintage Gibson amp anymore too rare! As I stated above I compared these to cheeper ESP Lps and Axl blackwater Lps! These Ibanez guitars were a little thinner and thus lighter then both the Axl or the ESPs this helps when playing for an hour or more. I am happy with my choice to use these Ibanez Guitars They Work great for me!

I've been using these live for two years now with No troubles! I always have a backup guitar live (strings can break at really bad times LOL). Great finishes especialy the transparent cherry red no wear showing yet! I use Strap locks they are cheep insurance!

Factory these guitars Are Really good, but I do my own setups, and install my own pickups! But for the factory pickups for the best I can remember they had a muddy sound on clean settings at higher volumes! With distortion they are just not HOT enough for me so out they went! It has good intonation and action Factory Bridge is Gibralter quick change I like it comfortable when palm muting! Factory tuners are good but not great I installed Locking ones!

Features are: 2 pickups, set neck, mahogany body and neck, good quality finish Lp style non-locking tuners two volume one tone 3 way switch! OK! I have and gig with 4 of these Guitars All Are set up Custom by me. All have Thumbscrew style locking tuners now, and stay in Perfect tune! Pickups are not great factory, so out they went for different reasons. The first one is a cherry red and has Zakk Wylde EMGS it is a wonderful Sustaining guitar! My second one is White and is Set up with Seymour Duncan HOT Rod Jazz Set! My third is a backup to the white one, but it is silver and is Set up with Seymour Duncan HOT Rod Jazz Set as well! The fourth one is black and has Seymour Duncan Invader in Bridge and a SD Full shred in neck! I compared these to cheeper ESP Lps and the Axl blackwater Lps! These Ibanez were a little thinner and thus lighter then both the Axl or the ESPs this helps when playing for an hour or more. All guitar that I compared had the same mahogany woods and were around $300 US.

MetalheadforJC
    Asnm wrote: How come this guit doesnt have any fret inlays(except at 12)?doesnt it make things a bit difficult?anything can be done bout it?
    Maybe for looks? It could have inlays on the side of the fretboard and not on to to just like my V.
    Asnm
    Notkcots
    It has inlays on the side of the neck. Looks classier without the ones on the fretboard.
    HeadlessCross
    How thick is the neck compared to a traditional Gibson Les Paul? Is she comfortable enough for shredding?
    zombiespit
    rg's are very versatile guitars. my first decent guitar was a 321mh, and i loved it. i hjonestly wish that id never traded it. imo, it had a thicker tone than the art100, however i had duncans in my 321 and have yet to put any in my art. i will say that the art is a much more comfortable guitar to play, though
    Asnm wrote: U are right!also..should i go between this or the RG321MH?Does the RG have a good hard rock/blues sound like this one supposed to have?
    MaggaraMarine
    I don't really like these Ibanez Les Pauls. They don't just feel right. I prefer my Epi Les Paul, feels better in my hands. Can't comment about sound because I was just testing some amps when I played this.