ART100 review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 3.6 Poor
Ibanez: ART100

Purchased from: Front Porch Music/Bakersfield Ca.

The sound is ok for this price range. I run it through a Carvin R600 bass amp because it has a warmer tone. The electronics are quiet with good difference between the pups. The bridge soloed too thin. The sustain for a set in neck is not the best.

All things aside. I think this guitar, if being all mahogany, does not have enough wood in its construction to give it the resonance it needs, especially with the pickup appointments. If this guitar were lost or stolen I would not get another. The only thing that would make me happy with this guitar is if it were free. Also Ibanez customer service in these matters is poor at best. Don't buy it unless you can get it dirt cheap.

Haven't played this live yet, still working out bugs.The hardware seems solid, the toggle switch is way too stiff but feels solid The strap button screws are too short which is common on lower priced guitars. It does stay in tune very well so could probably gigged alone on a light set. The finish seems durable and feels good to the hands.

The guitar seemed to have been played a lot at the store. The slots in the nut were not even in height. I had one slot filled and refiled, its ok, have restrung guitar With Rotos 9s and am now having trouble with another string that is too low in the nut, will definitely stay away from plastic nuts from now on. Have had trouble with high or low frets. Truss rod seems ok, but haven't tried heavier strings.The finish is good except for the too dark cherry stain.

Not sure of the year, probably 2011. Made in China. 22 frets, The neck is pretty small in diameter, it is mahogany with a rosewood fret board The body is also mahogany, so the specs say, doesn't look like mahogany grain to me. Gloss finish with dark, really dark cherry finish on top, the back and neck are painted black. LP style body 6.6 lbs.

BassSoloTake2
    I have this in a dark brown it's really heavy but solid. It's great for clean and really heavy metal sounds
    prog123spaghett
    I have had this guitar for a while and its pretty sweet, it feels more solid than my other Ibanez, and it sounds better. The only bad things about it is the diffuculty of the higher neck which is understandable since its les paul inspired and when I bend a high note it frets out, but I do keep my action as low as possible.