ART120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ART120

Price paid: € 300

I play mostly heavier rock and metal, and the Ibanez suits that really well. I run it trough an Ibanez DS7 Distortion pedal to a Stagg 20-watt practice amp (kinda need a other amp) On the clean channel it really gives you a great jazzy sound. I can't really get an indie/singlecoil-like sound out of it, thats a bit of a bummer. (Yeah, Megadeth and Arctic Monkeys is a hell of a difference, I know.) What really surprised me is that the pickups are really silent. Really, really silent. Sometimes it's almost like the volumeknob is down when not playing it.

The best Les paul style guitar for this price. I'd really get an other one if it was stolen. It is beautiful, plays like heaven (after a little modifications) and is fairly light. Active humbuckers sound great, and AA batteires are easier to get than 9v blocks.

I haven't really gigged with it yet, because in my current band I'm the drummer. I have given it a rock and roll beating (not on purpose, just jumping around and stuff) while practicing with an other band, and its still looks like new, and even better, IT STAYED INTUNE! That was really amazing, even after travelling only the low E string dropped a little bit. I probably wont have a backup, changing strings only costs a minute with this tailpiece. Strap buttons are really solid, but I still got straploks with it, just in case.

Action was a bit high from the factory, and the strings were really thin. I changed them to GHS .011, and because of the extra pull the action went sky-high. They lowered it at the shop and now it plays like heaven. Everything else was set up great, only the bridge pickup was a little high so I lowered it. No flaws on the finish, everything was shiny as hell.

Built in 2009, straight from the factory! I dont know where its made, though. On the back of the head it says 'Made in China' but the serial number says its made in Korea. It has a Mahogany body with an Solid-Arched maple top. Mahogany set/in neck, 22 medium-sized frets and only one inlay, on the 12th fret. It has an Gibraltar III bridge and an Quick Change III tailpiece. It has 2 active humbuckers, made by Ibanez (LZ1-N in the neck, LZ1-B in the bridge) and they're powered by AA batteries, instead of a normal 9V battery. Has a beautiful White finish with a black binding.

pablo roberto
    Lovely,lovely work of Art. I have the white one. This guitar is prettier and sexier than my girlfriend(and she's a photomodel!) But seriously, it doesn't really matter if you're a newbie or pro. This guitar can really dish out more than you can imagine. It stays in tune, easy to change strings and has good quality pick-ups. I use a lot of dirty distortion and it sounds so sweet. I've seen several questions from people on the internet about whether to buy this or the LTD version... I recommend this. LTD makes ok guitars but you seldom go wrong with an Ibanez. Whatever musick style you're into, this axe suits and fits well in every category. Rock'n Roll... Then smash 'em all!
    jamiepage96
    I've got this guitar and it really is brilliant, it could be both a newbie guitar or your 2nd/3rd guitar if you wanted it to be. The sound is great and can be good clean as well as distorted and it hardly ever goes out of tune which is a plus =)