ART200FM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ART200FM

Price paid: C$ 399

Purchased from: L&M

For my style its great. Older rock and blues little bit of heavy metal. I compared this to my old Ibanez GRG720 and EP LP. The set neck makes a huge difference and sustain is great. The EP LP is a great guitar, but I like the sound of these Ibanez pick ups. I am going to leave this guitar stock. I see no need to make any improvements to this guitar for my type of music and for my experience level. The sound are bright/warm and rich.

Okay this is a great guitar for the price range. I looked at the specs and it seems very similar to the ART100 so check those reviews out too. Lets be honest the appearance of the guitar is what always draws you to a selection first, and this guitar has the looks. This guitar also has the sounds and tones of a quality guitar. Its a good guitar for the price and I believe it as a good investment of cash. The thinner and lighter body and neck compared to a equivalent EP LP was also a driving force in this selection. I would strongly recommend this guitar but watch the fret finish.

Its too early to tell. However, I have owned Ibanez before and they have not let me down before (hence I am giving this a 9 rating). Hardware is nothing special, its good and adequate and suits the price level. Strap buttons look firm and strong. Finish is great can't find flaws other than frets edges

The action was perfect. My only complain was with the fret finish. They are a little sharp but I can live with this. I spent about 3 months checking this and other guitars out in this price range. When I originally looked at this guitar at L&M the display model was perfect. The time I finally decided to buy I had to order the guitar in. My guitar has frets that are a little sharp, so maybe a little unlucky with the fret finish but not too sharp to play. I can't see any other flaws in the guitar. The other guitars I looked at were the EP LP. The Ibanez is; lighter, slimmer body and slimmer neck. The sounds from both guitars are equally impressive but the Ibanez seems to have the edge. I am only giving a 8 because of my fret finish, however this good be just on my guitar.

Please see Ibanez.com for full details. I have been playing for 3 years and for my style the features are okay and more than adequate for this price range. If you are looking for more features then expect to pay more or a reduction in quality. I have a Violin Sunburst finish.

a drummer
    "I am only giving a 8 because of my fret finish, however this good be just on my guitar" C'mon man, fix your spelling and grammar errors before you post the review.
    M13M
    terrible review, i'm sorry i don't see how this would be helpful to anyone. Your textual tone clearly shows how you can't decide whether you like the guitar or not.
    DeadF18
    I'm considering getting one of this model hwen I save up at the end of the year. I used one at the music store testing out a tiny Fender amp and wished I had focused more on the guitar. It is a lot lighter and smaller than I expected. Can't say much about sound since the amp has 2" speakers. I'm not a fan of LPs, but I did enjoy the feel of the ART200FM.
    DeadF18
    I should have checked the serial to see when/where it was built, I remember that it was very thin and it was out of tune when I tried it, but I did go back to it when trying the amp with other guitars.