ART300 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ART300

Price paid: C$ 799

Purchased from: Colosimo's Music

This Guitar plays everything I play and more. I play mostly the newer Metallica and Most Gn'R older stuff. I am using this with a Boss MT-2 and a small Peavey practace amp, but it still sounds great. And these pickups are extremely silent. When I first brought this guitar home and plugged it in, I thought it didn't work it was so silent. The Pickups are active and they have a suprisingly passive sound to them, but it still carries the distenctive Active pickup Tone.

This Guitar is Perfect For me, I'm really enjoy playing it and I rarley have problems with anything. If you could get your hands on this guitar, I'd check it out. The Only thing I wish it had were Locking tuners, But your not gonna get locking tuners for only $800. My Favourite thing abotu this guitar is how well it stays in tune. I used a Strat before this and This is such a huge improvement.

I've only had to use it live once, for a gig of 2 songs, But it held up perfectly fine. No Problems happend. The strap pins are secure, however, I find that straps come off really easy, so I had to buy a strap Lock. The finish themes very thick and it should last a while. I've had this guitar for about 2 months and nothing has happend to the finish yet

Just like most other Ibanez guitars, They are ready to use when you buy them, I didn't have to adjust anything, well, except tuning down to half step down becuase That's What I like. The guitar didn't have any problems with to much or not enough bonding. I don't recall any insidents with this guitar yet. The Finish on This guitar is Simply awesome. It looks like a lizard or a cameleon scheme. And it feels Great too.

This guitar is a must have for ALL intermediate to advanced guitar players. Priced resonably and you get what you pay for. This guitar is a rock and Metal Machine, With Neck and Bridge LoZ1 pickups. Speaking of the neck, there are 22 medium sized frets on a Mahogony neck and a Bound Rosewood Fretboard with Diamond inlay fres. The Body is also made out of Mahogony with a scalloped maple top. It comes with a Gibraltar III bridge which works very well with keeping the guitar in tune. You only have to tune up once or twice a week, and the guitar is probably only off by a few cents. The Guitar doesn't come with anything when you buy it, unfortunatly.

yaxow
    ibanez is ****ing sweet. i got one of my own from 1980 it's super rare too it'a an ibanez LR10
    WashburnPlayerX
    if you dont like the finish then buy the art 100, its almost the same thing but probly better. but this guitar is great, pair it up with a line 6 spider III all-tube amp set to the insane preset and it'll make your knees tremble... two thumbs up!
    Jigsawwill
    if you haven't seen this guitar in person don't judge the finish, because that this is pretty.
    Jigsawwill
    i used to own one. great guitar for the money and the finish is beautiful. If your funds are low I highly recommend this guitar.
    six-feet-under
    what's the paint job like? on the picture it looks like it's got some sort of relief or unevenness.
    courtkid1012
    The paint job is kind of rugged. It has texture to it and this one is supposed to look like a snake or an alligator kind of.
    bambi89
    i hate the finish on them but they are good guitars for the money
    SeanX3187
    that paint job just looks like the painter screwed up. i don't think that looks desirable. and i agree with courtkid1012, get the art100. it's cheaper, less dumb looking, and the pickups are passive. and from what i've noticed, ibanez's passive pickups aren't too different from their active ones.
    courtkid1012
    If you're going to get this guitar, get the ART100. It doesn't look stupid, it's $300 instead of $400, and the only difference is that it has passive pickups instead of active.