ART300 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ART300

Purchased from: Musicians Workshop

This guitar suits my music style perfectly, I play everything from Nirvana to Metallica and everything in between, including classic rock, metal, hard rock and blues. I am currently plugging this guitar through a Peavey Bandit 112 using a Little Big Muff Pi distortion pedal when the Lead channel on my amp just doesn't do it for me. This guitar can get very loud at low amp volumes, I usually never have to crank it past five, both at home, at practice and on small stages. The LoZ active pickups are humless, but I do have to say that they are more sensitive to other electronics around them, and that is a little scary.

My favorite thing about this guitar is the blending options that are open to you with the two volume knobs in the middle pickup selector position, I can tweek from this guitar exactly the tone I want, for distorted sounds and clean sounds, if you are buying this guitar for small gigs and home use, I recommend getting a Peavey Bandit 112 as the companion to this guitar, they are a perfect match.

This guitar is amazingly well built, I think I could, with no worries, take this guitar anywhere with me and play gigs with no backup, I think my Bandit 112 will go out before this thing even starts to age. As soon as I got this guitar I took it to my bandmates and we passed it around, all playing the snot out of it, and it didn't even miss a beat, it sounded amazing when all of us played it, and we all have different styles.

This guitar came tuned from Musicians Workshop and the action was perfect for my playing, the only complaint I have is there is some fret buzz on the low E string, but I kind of like it that way. I find that the bridge on this guitar is slighty wonky when I am restringing this guitar, I always put the strings in between the actual string holders instead of in them.

My ART 300 was made in China, and I'm totally fine with that. It has 22 Jumbo frets, rosewood fretboard and a scalloped--ridged--top. It has Ibanez LoZ pickups that sound amazing clean and absolutley mean distorted, they are also totally capable of handling low distortion and overdrive.

Garlic Owl
    the version with the black finish looks the best imo. i got it for $295 and it has at least a $700 guitar sound quality. the neck is really comfortable for me and it's very versatile. i just wish it had a tremelo
    Lots O' FX
    Personally i like the wierd water looking paint job, but looks better in person though.