ART300 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ART300

Price paid: C$ 385

Purchased from: music city

This guitar sounds great with just about anything I play, from zeppelin to Megadeth this guitar plays everything, in the neck you get your clapton, and your hendrix, and in the bridge you get Slayer, and Mettallica. I own a shitty Behringer practice amp, but I have played it on an Orange 30 watt, and the zakk wylde micro stack, and that sounded awesome, I plan to get one. This guitar has a deep, rich sound when in the neck, and a bright, colorful clean sound when in the bridge.

Well, it's not always the guitar's fault when you can't get the sound right, which is the case for me considering I have such a poor amp. But that will fix itself in a month when I get a new Marshall, I've been playing for 2 years and before this I had 2 really, I mean REALLY garbage Strat copies, worse so that the worst squire. I tried out a few other les paul style guitars before I saw this one, most of them were just names I never heard of like Stagg and hagsteam, but this guitar is great especially since it's a $600+ guitar and I got it for $385 this is an amazing guitar for the money and I would say get this guitar if you are looking for a first, or second guitar, even if you hate the scalloped maple top, get the ART200.

Well, I only got it a while ago, but it seems sturdy and reliable, it stays in tune fine, and as long as you don't hurl it into and through your amp during a rocking solo that got a little too hardcore, it should be fine to play Live with, but obviously get strap locks, every guitar needs those.

The action is okay. that's all that needs to be said, it's not a usual shredding monster like most Ibanez guitars, but it is more like what would be on a Fender. The guitar was intonated perfectly when I bought it already and everything seemed perfect, I was planning on setting it up when I got home, but I realized they did a better job than I could have done. The guitar has one fault. Which I caused... When I took it and went to my car, I hit it off the door, it now has a teeny tiny little whitish spot that someone would only notice if they knew I hit it of my car. Other than that the guitar is flawless.

My Ibanez ART300 was made fairly recently in china, it has 22 medium frets and has a fat neck that you would expect from a Les Paul Copy, but this is far from just any old copy, it has 2 Ibanez loz active pickups that are just ruthless when paired with a zakk wylde distortion pedal. The finish seems thick and the top is just absolutely ridiculous looking, which is super cool. Unfourtunatly I had to bargain to get it down from $450, it was already on sale, but the guy wasn't even going to give me a bag, or anything, so I widdled him doen to $385.

GunLeatherGuy
    austin...you need to read the review. Not glance at it as you blow your hit out n then comment. Its a killer guitar.....worth 1/2 again what they are priced! Plays like an esp 650 that costs 700$... Killer guitar....good cleans for active pups. Great for hard rock/metal. Rock on.....
    austinjames123
    ive played this guitar b4 and is a great guitar. but if u paid 700 4 it u got robbed b/c u can by them for 3 to 400 bucks off the ibanez website
    J.Simpson
    What's the difference between the Ibanez ART 100/120 & the Ibanez ART 300/320, is it just the finish? I hear they have the same pick ups and such, so if it's just the finish, I'll probably save $50 and go for a Sunburst ART 120.