ART300 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ART300

Price paid: A$ 750

I play mostly mainstream, modern rock/metal, stuff like RATM, Metallica, Blink 182, Foo Fighters and everything in between. I find that this guitar works very well for the heavier stuff compared to my other gat (Ibanez SC420). I am currently running it through the Zakk Wylde Micro Stack (Marshall MG15 mszw) (Eat your heart out guy above me :-P) through which it sounds fantastic, going from Black Label Society to AC/DC in a heart beat. Not to noisy, however any minor background fuzz I get seems to come more from the amp than the guitar as it is absolutely silent through my brothers Line 6 Spider III 75w.

I find this guitar works well with my style of play. Having played pretty casually for about 5 years, I'm no expert. I haven't studied music at all, no lessons, nothing. Completely self taught. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably shop around but probably still end up getting a new one of these. I can quite comfortably use this guitar for any genre except classical (acoustic guitars tend to work better for this one :-P) as long as I am not pedantic about it, which being a student on a budget is a very appealing feature. I would recommend this guitar to anyone looking for a Les Paul-esque guitar and doesn't have the money to actually get a Gibson. However, given the choice between a free Ibanez ART300 and a Gibson Les Paul, I'd take the Les Paul, sell it and get like 3 of these. Or one and I nice Marshall, whatever I'm in the mood for.

I've gigged with this guitar, never with a back up, used it for band practice several times a week and spent many hours practicing a week at home for near two years now. There has never been a problem with it. Only requires tuning once a week ish. Finish still looks like new (much better in person, internet photos don't do it justice). I bought a Les Paul hard case for it, help keep it protected on planes/in vans etc and even though it isn't a perfect fit, it's done well so far.

I got it direct from the manufacturer and needed urgent attention. The factory set-up did not cut the mustard with me. Action was terrible, truss-rod was far to tight and the intonation was terrible. I am no guitar doctor but $45 and one store set-up later, it played like a dream. I was able to shred on it almost as well as I can with my SC420. Also the strap buttons seem awfully flimsy and I highly recommend strap locks. Aside from these minor inconveniences, this guitar as fantastic and well worth the time.

I have the 2008 model, made in China. 22 medium frets on a big fat set-in neck. Single cut mahogany body (the only ones I get) with a scalloped maple top. Gibraltar III bridge and tail piece, LoZ-1 active pick ups, powered by dial AA batteries. Individual volume controls for each pick-up and one tone control coupled with a 3-way selector allow for a wide variety of tones. Didn't come with any accessories.

kylej15
    I have an ART 300 and I love it, i wish the neck was a little thinner, but it is amazing in every way. I even dropped mine and nothing happened to it. And I only paid $275 for mine. It is a must have !!!!!
    guitar-girl21
    I played one of these in a music store, and it's without a doubt going to be my next guitar. The guy who wrote this is completely right, don't judge the looks of this thing until you see it in person and hold it in your hands. It's light weight (which is great for me since Im a girl and gibson les pauls break my back) and the finish is absolutely stunning. it isn't paint, its a figured top. Its similar to alligator or something of that nature. For the price and the impression I got from playing it at the store, this is one of the best guitars in its price range.
    xanubisx
    howangcturtle wrote: How come there're nobody reviewing the ART500 series? Looking into getting one
    i will get around to reviewing my ibanez art-500 they never made it to the USA so thats probably why there are no reviews
    Gtrplayr421
    Anyone else have trouble setting this guitar up? Bought mine about 4 months ago, and this thing has a very nasty fret buzz above the 5th, and no guitar shop I've taken it to seems to know what to do with it.
    Cbastian
    Im looking for i new really good looking but also good sounding guitar. I've tried the Epiphone Les paul standard but they are a little boring looking. They sound good but there's nothing special with the looks of them. I play hard rock and classic rock, a little bit like Aersosmith. Does anyone know if the Ibanez art300 is good for classic rock?