ART300 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ART300

Price paid: € 450

Purchased from: www.thomann.de

This guitar is made for rock/metal, it suits me perfectly, I'm using it with an Orange crush pix 20ldx, it sounds amazing. My problem however, is the bridge pickups can get very noisy at high volumes, the feedback is horrible. I also had a slight problem with the sound on low tunings like drop b, it can't really hold up that well. I will probably change the pickups in the near future to emgs/sd blackouts.

As I said earlier, the guitar is great for rock/metal and I would recommend it to any metal guitarists. I've been playing for almost 2 years now and this is better than any of my previous gear or my bandmates gear. If it were stolen I would probably go for the 2010 model of the Ibanez MTM2, or get this again. My favourite thing about the guitar is the finish, it looks just amazing and is really unique. Overall its a great guitar, I recommend it to all advanced/ intermediate players.

The guitar withstands playing live fine, I would be kind of inclined to bring a back-up just in case though. The strap buttons however are pretty unreliable and always need to be looked at. The crocodile maple top is very well done and does'nt look like it will ever wear away.

The set-up from the factory was fine, I didn't need to adjust it at all. Everything was fine except for the strap buttons which I have to screw back in every month or two. All other parts of the guitar were put together perfectly. I would recommend if you could, to change the strap buttons.

The guitar was made in China, it has 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard with some very cool inlays. It has a maple top with an awesome crocodile finish, a set in mahogany neck, and a mahogany body. I have the blackberry caiman finish which looks amazing with the crocodile finish, the bridge is good and stays in tune nicely. As for the electronics, it has Ibanez made active pickups, a 3 way selector, 2 volume knobs, and a tone knob.

Romper Stomper
    Haters should try one first. The finish is like gator skin."Cayman" I belive. Anyway the active pick ups are great and for the price this is a whole lot of guitar. I've had mine for about 7 months I think. No regrets from me at all owning this beast.
    Brigade
    people who say this guitar looks crappy either don't have eyes or have never seen one in person. hope to make this thing my next guitar.
    philipjfry338
    What everyone is saying is true, the finish is beautiful, it's just really hard to get a good pic of it, also sounds fantastic for very low cost
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    id rather buy a epi special 2 and instal the LoZ1...it`s much cheaper and the epi sp2 has at least jumbo frets so it`s much more comfortable to use...
    Bifrons
    Just got an ART320 flame maple blue burst. Very beautiful plays awesome. You can't go wrong with this guitar.going thru a Line 6 UX-1 using a shimmering sound with some added crystal verbs and chorus complements of Ableton. Sounds like a dream. I can get lost in this sound
    fuzzylocs
    I got the ART300 Black Caiman at a second hand shop, and I have to say, despite what some of the haters here are saying, this is one of the few guitars that you get more than what you pay for. I play small clubs, and I play it thru a Blackstar Studio 40, and my Peavey Vypyr 3 at home. the LoZ pickups were ok, but I put in a S/D Invader at the bridge, and a S/D Jazz Model in the neck. Talk about sweet-n-sour! Anyhoo, this is a great guitar to get (if you can find one) if you are a beginner looking to step your game up. Excellent little metal beast.
    iceman2kuk
    I've had one for about 2 years. Finally got around to changing the stock pickups for a set of EMG 60/81s, and it sounded good before, but now sounds fantastic through my Blackstar HT-5 Amp.
    Romper Stomper
    epiphone12 wrote: are those pickups blackouts or EMGs
    Neither, they are Ibanez LoZ Active pick ups.