ART320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ART320

Purchased from: SOLO music store

This guitar sounds hell much like Gibson Studio on stock pickups. Fits hard rock, metal etc, but equalized well, suits good ol' blues etc. I used a Orange head&cabinet in store and sounded very Vintage, at home I plugged it into line6 pocket POD + my crappy headphones and it was rather modern, fat mahogany tone. The ART320 is rather versatile in heavier genres, but still I wouldn't recomend it to play jazz or funk, because of the active kick-ass pickups.

I play mostly hardcore and it's a perfect match. I play it through a Line6 Pocket POD, and it's awesome. I replaced my Squier Strat with this axe, and if it were stolen, I bet I would kill motherf.. Who was so brave to do that. I love this guitar and I'm sure it will last long. With a ~350 pounds budget, you can't have anything better.

I move a lot when playing on rehearsals or gigs, so I have lots of requirements in this part. The strap buttons need some straplocks in my opinion, but if you're a calm kid with no hyperactivity, they'll be ok. I would definitely use it without a backup on a gig, as it's solid.

Low action, although a buzz in E and A strings made me to set-up guitar at home, which took me few minutes. Pickup selector is a bit noisy, maybe it's because of active pickups, dunno, still, it doesn't really bother me as playing mainly on bridge humbucker. Body, neck and headstock binding gives this guitar a deluxe look, haven't noticed any flaws yet.

Made in China, 2008 NAMM model, bought today. I was looking for a single-cutaway for a long time, and checked out this Brand New axe on Ibanez site. It has 22 medium frets with special inlays. It has mahogany body with flamed maple top, set in mahogany neck. It's gorgeous shiny Transparent Grey Burst, what suprised me, as shown matte on website. It has a Gibraltar III on board, covered with chrome in 'cosmo black' colour. Looks awesome, even compared to some PRS guitars, this one rocks. Few words about pickups, they're '08 LoZ active pickups and they really suit my style, which is mostly posthardcore and punkrock. The 3-way selector provides flexibility of this guitar, as it can also suit some blues or psychobillyish sounds.

cooper!
    I play punk, hardcore, metalcore and i'm also replacing a squier strat, so thats pretty mad... its either this or the ltd eclipse, i dunno.