ART320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ART320

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

This model is very versatile. I play rock and metal and it fits perfectly. I have used this guitar on many amps, including a 6150, Crate V18, Crate Blue Voodoo, and a Peavey Windsor. The one thing I noticed, is that the tone control gets very muddy on a high gain tube amp if you dial it in below 5. I usually keep mine above that, so no worries. Like I said, very versatile guitar. Pinch harmonics are awesome on this guitar, easier to get out than any other guitar I own. Only thing I would change would be the pickups, the aren't the best... but most stock pickups aren't.

I play rock and metal, and this guitar is a perfect fit for both. The neck pickup is really warm and bassy so this guitar can be used for many other kinds of music. I've been playing for a few years now, bass even longer. This was the first non-pawn-shop guitar I've owned and I love it. I would definitely buy a white one if something happened to this one, for $299 your not going to find a better single-cut-design guitar in my opinion. The only thing I wish this guitar had was better pickups from the factory.

I've used this guitar Live many times, no problems what'soever. The hardware is decent from the factory. I plan on modding this guitar now that it's not my 'new' guitar anymore. Strap buttons were solid from the factory, I always put straplocks on my guitars though... no exceptions. If I played in one tuning, I would definitely use this guitar at a gig without a backup. Finish seems like it will last. I keep mine in a case so it's still perfect... all finish will eventually wear though.

This model came from the factory setup very well. I put heavier strings on it, so I had to raise the action a bit. Pickups were fine for stock, but definitely the downfall of the guitar. Finish looks good, as does the tribal inlay and absence of fret markers. I wish the white finish was out when I bought this guitar, I would have gotten that one instead! Silver looks good as well.

I bought this guitar a little over a year ago from Musician's Friend, Brand New. I bought the silver color instead of the black. They now make it in white as well. Not sure where it was made. 22 jumbo frets, Gibraltar III, tribal inlay at the 12th fret. This guitar is a single-cut design made from mahogany. It has a 3-way Switch that controls the dual humbuckers, each pickup has a volume knob, with a single tone knob.

GrimKage
    Bling Dogg
    GrimKage wrote: Anyone know how high the action is?? some say it's high, some say low.. and is it the same for ART400 too? I gotta know cos I really want this guitar. And my current guitar's action is shocking
    If you don't like the action, just adjust it. It's really simple. Takes like 5 minutes the most.
    GunLeatherGuy
    Ive got an ART300...same as above but the scalloped brown top and I love this guitar. The active pickups are VERY versatile...neck is throaty and crunchy while the bridge is just a screamer! My only bitch is my 12th fret had to be leveled a bit....once that was done, the action got as low as my Jackson Pro. Very very nice guitar. Love the LP shape and the overall feel of the guitar, neck and how it plays.
    Guarded_mind
    yeah agreed this series of guitars is sweet with the seamless neck and all its mad nice to play i have an arx 500 myself and i love it for the proce it was well worth it plus it looks good too