ART320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ART320

Purchased from: Ken Stanton Music Roswell

With the band I play with we typically play everything from Hard Rock, Jazz, Reggae, and Disco. This guitar has a great sounds great on all levels. It has a harder full sound than my other guitars but is capable of playing a bright clean sound as well. The ART-300 is TRULY a well rounded guitar capable of playing any Genre you can play.

This guitar is a great match for me. For the price you can not beat the quality and finish of this guitar. I looked at and played everything from LTD EC-1000, the new Gibson Les Paul Studio. After spending 6 months of playing and looking through reviews. I settled on the ART-300. I am ecstatic with my purchase and do not regret it for one second. The only thing I regret would be not waiting for the 2009 models to come out. They have some sharp looking options on this years models.

This guitar is solid. I have played 2 gigs with it so far and have played at least 8 practices with not to forget the hours I play at home. This guitar is well built and I believe I will be having it for years to come. I played two gigs with this guitar without any issues. I did not have my backup with me. The only thing I would be sure to do is have backup batteries for the pickups. But outside of that I have full confidence in only having this guitar with me during a gig. The only issue I had was with the G string tuning peg. But that was fixed in 30 seconds with a screwdriver.

When I brought this guitar back from guitar store I went to set it up the way I liked my guitar. The action was too high but with 5 minute change I had lowered it to a level I like. After tuning I noticed that the tuning peg on the G stings would stick and over-tune. With a 30 second adjustment I was able to take care of that issue. One I started playing I found that the guitar responded very well to anything I could throw it's way. The one thing I did notice is that for cleaner sounds I had to play little lighter. The one thing I was very impressed with was the fact that no matter what I played after 2 hours of playing. This guitar was still in tune!!! I expect to have to tune a guitar a couple of times during a show. But this guitar will stay tuned for a full set. The finish on this guitar is gorgeous. Everything about it is just sharp looking. After my first show, I got compliments from most of my friends on the look of this guitar.

The Ibanez ART-300 is a single cutaway guitar from Ibanez. Manufactured in China starting in 2008. This guitar features a Mahogany body with a Maple top. The ART-300 also features a 22 fret Diamond inlay rosewood fingerboard. The Gibraltar III Bridge in combination with the dual active LoZ-1 humbucker pickups. The pickups are powered by 2 AA batteries. Controlling the tone are two volume nobs one to control each pickup and one tone pickup.

zero716
    I wish I could find a store in the U.S. that sold these guitars :/
    littlec
    zero716 wrote: I wish I could find a store in the U.S. that sold these guitars :/
    Check guitar center Thats where I bought mine.
    zero716
    I did check guitar center and they don't have it T-T I'll check again though *sniff*
    bellymctubs
    david1707
    bellymctubs wrote: Can anyone explain to me the main differences between this and the Art120... sounds like a stupid question probably, but it isn't obvious at all where the relatively large price difference coems from, from looking at the Ibanez website.
    The finish is the only difference I see. All the other components are the same.
    sonicx2218
    This guitar is freakin amazing. Its so much better than I thought. Its ridiculously good for the price paid.It's on the same level as some $1000+ guitars.
    dzarave
    epiphone12
    dzarave wrote: I was wondering, can i install a seymour duncan blackouts pups into this bad boy? I heard that with the maple top, it would have some noise problem.
    Yeah if it starts with active pick ups you can get the blackouts
    david1707
    Bought this as my second guitar. First one was a cheap Yamaha 112. I love it. I got the transparent grey which is alot darker then what you see in the photos. In low light it looks black. I love the sound and the size of the neck is perfect for my little hands. A bit wider than my Yamaha but I don't have the problem of touching adjacent strings as much anymore. I've had it for a few months now and the only problems seem minor. Sometimes when I switched to the bridge PU I'd get no sound, but it hasn't happened again for at least 2 months. The finish on the top screw of the bridge has worn off due to my palm muting near there. But it still feels smooth. It holds tuning for days, even with hard playing. It seems to only go out of tune if the temperature changes alot in a short period of time(which it can do here in Germany). Big bonus, it's way lighter than a LP.