Artcore AF75 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AF75

Purchased from: guitar center

The sound is pretty good. I play it through a Crate Retrofex, which I soon hope to be switching out with a DA15 for college. There really isn't that much noise on the pickup selector. The neck pickup is very bright sounding with distortion, but the bridge pickup is that great. I mean, come on, they're passive.

I like classic blues rock. Cream and the Yardbirds are a couple to name a few, so this is a pretty good guitar for me. The only problem is that the cutaway is too high up the neck. The upper register is a pain to reach. If I lost this, or it was stolen, I probably wouldn't buy a new one. I'd just buy something with a better cutaway position, like a Les Paul or SG.

I think that this would withstand any Live show, so long as you don't pull a Townshend on it. With the music that I play, Ican't really see myself throwing this thing and myself halfway across the stage, so I guess I'm not the one to ask. I wouldn't use a backup.

I personally like the action on the guitar, but it gets a little buzzy sounding with low strings on low frets. I find that it's good for quick licks and chording alike. The people in the factory didn't really do that bad of a job. I find the pickups to be fine and haven't found any current flaws with it.

This guitar is pretty good for guitarists looking for a blue's sound look and feel. The pickups aren't active but the neck is pretty slim which fits my hand well. It's a semi-hollowbody so if there is ever no amp lying around, you can still play and hear it well. It's a pain to change strings though because the bridge is floating, so if you take them all off, it's hard to put them all back on.

f1sk
    nice, i dont own this one but i can speak for the artcore series i own the Ibanez AGS83BATF i payed about three hundred for it, an awesome guitar I use it for slide, the quality for the price is ridiculous, i think that they could be charging alot more for some of these artcore series but they dont