Artcore AF75 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AF75

Purchased from: EBay

Great for rhythm guitar for any genre! With distortion, it has this great crunchy classic rock sound with a bit of fuzz in it. Love the tone! Clean sounds great too, think early Beatles. I run it through a little Ibanez 50W amp and it sounds great. You can get anything from light jazz tones to really heavy distortion, but the feedback from this thing is a little rediculous sometimes and causes problems if you want to crank up your gain or volume on the overdrive channel.

I play rock n roll with a little metal influence in there. When I first got it, I was mostly playing riffs and rhythm parts, but now that I'm more confident with playing solos I'm definitely looking for a faster guitar. If it got stolen, I probably would not replace it, I'd get something else.

A very durable guitar! I've definitely put it through some hell, dropped it, knocked it, left it in a hot/freezing trailer during tours and it's lasted. After 3 years of having it, and treating it so poorly it's just now starting to have slight intonation problems!

Like I said, this is a great rhythm guitar, but I found that I outgrew it pretty quickly as my lead/solo abilities progressed. It plays very much like an acoustic, so if you want to play ripping leads, look elsewhere. Also, the higher frets are there, but you can't reach them! Forget about touching the top 5 frets on each string...

Semihollow, 22 Frets, typical Ibanez neck(a little fatter than other brands) laminated. I got the Orange laminated finish with cream pickguard, passive humbuckers, tunomatic bridge and a volume and tone knob for each pickup. It is such a great looking guitar, and people compliment it all the time when I gig. Mine came with the Ibanez case.

Angrycitizn
    I have owned the red sunburst of this for over 4 years now and still love it. Will definitely agree with not really being able to work past the 18th fret. String changes are a hassle but that is to be expected with a floating bridge. It leans toward the jazzy side but can get to the rock/blues side easily. Sounds good unplugged. Paid $300 out the door. I don't know why people keep saying it's ugly, I think it's pretty darn sexy personally.