Artcore AF75 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AF75

Purchased from: local music shop

I'm infatuated with its sound. I play heavy metal, lamb of god for example, and i use the Ibanez smah box pedal, and a Vox AD15VT tube amp. And the Legend about hollow bodys and Vox amps is true, it sounds incredible for metal, blues, jazz, everything. Every once in a while you get some buzzing tho... I've noticed in the winter you get way more feedback for some reason, but when it warms up outside it seems to warm up its sound. The tone is beautiful especally when playing acoustic.

About a year ago, I had a guy who has been playing for over fifty years play my guitar and use my vox, and he was so impressed with the sound that he said that it will be his next purchase. Another buddy of mine who hates Ibanez and sticks to Gibson said that my Ibanez was an incredable exception to his theory with ibanez. Guitars. With playing on alot of distortion, you gotta find a sweet spot for it to sound like that perfect metal tone. It helps alot if you have a noise gate. If it were stolen, I'd be very sad and replace sometime long afterwords, I'd rather find another hollow body I could enjoy. Theres nothing I hate about it, but there is alot to love about it.

This guitar sounds way better the more sound that goes into it, so live playing is for sure a yes. I recently had an issue with the bottom strap button where the screw did not fit the hole anymore, so I super glued it right back in. I would certainly have a backup for this guitar, and the finish is like the skin of a tank.

When i got it the action was a tad high for my liking, but the floating bridge allowed me to adjust it. At the same time the floating bridge can be a pain when changing strings. The only problem I've had was the fretboard began seperating from the neck on the side with the low e, and the guitar was just lying down on my bed. Now theres a two inch long crack in the paint.

I've had this guitar for a little over two years, and its brought me a long way. Ibanez is a japanese made guitar, but don't judge. Its got 22 frets, the action is unbeleivable and very comfortable for begginers and experts. Mine is blue to black finish, and it shows greasy fingerprints horrible but darn near impossible to scratch. Its a semihollow body, humbucker pickups.. I'm not so fond of the neck pickup only unless I'm playing high notes. 3 way selector and 4 volume control knobs.

rv_phoenix
    How can you rate only 8,8 such a superb professional guitar, wonderfully crafted and built, when Behringers and Gear4Musics get 9s and 10s? (I hope you've noticed my irony, not pointed to you, fellows, but to those who write reviews after 3 days of guitar playing...). This particular Ibanez shows that a guitar can be mass-produced and remain an art object. Beautiful finish, amazing sound, much versatility, in a quite affrodable axe. All my respect to all those who chose this instrument over more "contemporary" designs. Sound comes first, IMHO.
    barden1069
    I don't get the deal with everyone saying they don't like how it looks... I think it's damn sexy I have the AFS75t that is the thinline version of this, and it's great for rock and blues.
    rv_phoenix
    Yeah, you're absolutely right, this guitar is one of a kind and it shows class. Plus the sound... a treat for the connoisseurs...
    rv_phoenix
    ... The only condition requested for portraying him as such being to play good! Otherwise, it will start to look awkward. A jazz/ blues guitar in the hands of a "butcher" would be an indecent picture.
    VaN HaLeN555
    Froggy McHop wrote: My uncle plays these all the time, I always thought they look ugly too but I think the sound on 'ems great
    How do u guys think they are ugly? it kinda just like a thicker les paul
    costahilbert
    It doesn't have Active Pickups ... in a hollow body? Of course they are passive. Active pickups would give you way too much gain for the amount of space and reverberation you'd be in feed back city.