Artcore AF75TDG review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AF75TDG

Purchased from: Craig's List

I play a little of everything but mostly classic rock and blues and this guitar does it well, very well! I play through a Blackheart BH 100 Head and custom 4x12 with green back Celestion's. The only effects I use are a DigiTech Digiverb pedal and a Danelectro DanOWah pedal. It nails that Vintage surf sound as well as AC/DC and whatever else I'm in the mood for. It has a great clean sound but can gritty and blusey as well. I may replace the pickups at some point (a little on the weak side) but they do the job. Overall you can play a wide variety of music with this beauty...

I play all styles of music from rock to Bach. I own 2 Strat's, Gibson LP Studio, Epiphone LP Custom Plus, Epihone SG, Heartfield Talon II, Ibanez RG 4 EXFM, Fender F-210, Washburn D10CEQSB and as for amps I own a Blackheart BH 5-112, Blackheart BH 100 with 4x12 cab, Line 6 150HD and Korg AG3000G, and several effects pedals. If my AF75TDG was lost or stolen lost I would most definitely replace it. The only feature I would change is the pickup switch location. But after awhile it is not really a problem just awkward. I have played several hollow and semi-hollow body electric guitars over the years and this is the best sounding one I've had the pleasure to own and play. It fits well, not to heavy and is very comfortable to play for long periods. And for the price ($529.00 brand new) and quality it is the best deal going. I would buy this guitar again at any price!

I have owned it for 6 months and have not had one problem, and I play it daily as does my Son. The hardware seems to be holding up well a little tarnish on the trem arm (it was like that when I got it) barely noticeable. My Gibson LP Studio bridge finish has begun to flake and is wearing off down to the nickle plating. It started showing wear within 2 months of playing it! I would not be afraid to gig this guitar with out a back up it is very reliable. The finish seems to be very durable and well done. The hardware is solid and the pots and switch work smoothly and with no unwanted noise. The switch takes a while to get use to in its location but no major problem. The body is pretty thick for a hollow body, thicker then my Buddie's Wildkat I replaced the strap buttons with locking ones just like all my other guitars just one less thing to worry about. A very solid built guitar with an excellent finish.

At first the action was a little high but I adjusted the bridge and truss rod when I replace the original strings with Ernie Ball regular slinky's. Be careful as the bridge is free floating mark the position or replace string for string. The intonation was dead on and the finish is flawless it is beyond perfect! I have yet to find one blemish on it, the trem is smooth and stays in tune (greased the nut with silicone grease) and I use it hard. The paint is absolutely perfect and seems to be very durable as well not to mention beautiful! It is better then my 2006 Gibson LP Studio, and it cost 4 times as much! The Ibanez is an unbelievable quality guitar for the price.

I bought a very lightly used Candy Apple Red version with Bigsby style tremolo and all gold hardware very eye appealing. The CA ones were made for Guitar Center only and I have not seen very many. I have been playing for over 25 years and always wanted a Jazz box just didn't want to spend allot of money. Got a great deal on this beauty and had to get it. It was made 2009 in China it is a stock AF75TDG-CA model with gold hardware. From the looks of it I don't think it was played more then a couple times. Great for me!!!

Horsedick.MPEG
    rv_phoenix wrote: Insomnia69 wrote: "Artcore" Why does this sound like it could be an actual -core genre... It means it is as devoted to Art as HardCore to Hard... It's a fantastic axe. I congratulate all those fellows above who afforded one and, instead of a glitzy SuperStrat, chose this jewel.
    Well a superstrat is for a different style of music tho
    noisewall11
    maybe a combo of "art-rock" + hard(or something or other)core??
    barden1069
    I love the Artcore line. Seriously outdoes any similarly priced hollow body. I have both the AFS75T (the thinline version of this guitar) and the AS73 (semihollow, double cutaway) and they both kick ass.
    JB95
    Hmm, it doesn't look like an Ibanez to me... More like some sort of ripoff, but why do I care... I'm not buying that anyway
    barden1069
    CLeprechaun wrote: Has anyone tried playing anything besides jazz or rockabilly with this guitar?I messed around with one today and I loved it,but I'm in an indie rock band,and obviously the stuff we play is a little more hard rock than jazz...
    Eh I'd say get the semi-hollow. It's better suited for rock IMO (longer sustain, less feedback, better upper fret access, etc.)
    crazytrain090
    You can really play whatever you want with this guitar. I've used it for hard rock, hardcore, punk, and various types of metal band before.
    DrCOOL
    I've got one of these in blue. Absolutely love it. Sounds and plays wonderfully. And I especially like their price point.
    rv_phoenix