Artcore AFS75T review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AFS75T

Price paid: C$ 415

Purchased from: Axe Music

The sound is amazing. I would comapir the sound quaility to that of an Iceman. It can be noisy or quiet depends on what ur playing. The sound quality is very flexable and can play anything on this guitar and sound amazing. I am currenty using it with a standard 10 watt amp and it sounds really nice otherwise the bigger the amp the better the sound. It has a rich full sound as well as a twangy sound depending on the tone, tuning and set up of the amp or guitar other wise very satisfactry.

I play anything from the animals to Slayer and is a very good match for any type of music. I have been playing for five years and own a Yamaha basic electric guitar, a Yamaha acustic guitar that came out in the sixtys and another Ibanez XPT700. If this guitar was lost or stolen I'd buy another two just in case. I compaired it to The XPT700 and the iceman and it's right up there with them, it doesn't have the price tag like them but it has the name and the quality. I only wish it would label the knobs for volume and tone and which ones due to there is 4.

The guitar was made for Live playing No Doubt about that, the hard ware was built to last so I imagine that it'll last as long as the wood will and the strap buttons are solid but only need a lil tightening from time to time as with all guitars. As for the finish you would have to use a very sharp razor blade to get it off, even then you would take wood with it. Very nicely done.

The guitar was set up very well with a suspended bridge and the wammy bar. The pickups were well adjusted and working great no problems and no feed back. Absoulty no flaws. The only Flaw on the guitar was the wammy bar due to every time you use it, it throws your tuning off and when you use it twice it drops your tuning a quarter octive which isnt very metal especialy in the middle of a gig. The guitar has a very nice finish and an anti rust hardwear. The finish on the guitar was made to last.

This guitar was made in 1955 in China. It has 22 larg frets on a maple fret board. The body is a hollow body of mahogany and is interchangeable between acustic and electrc. It gives an amazing sound quality distorted or not and I think personaly is just as good as an Iceman or Stratacaster. But the one flaw on this guitar is the wammy bar. You use the wammy twice and you gotta re tune your guitar drasticly like I am talking about it throwing it off a quarter of an octave. Otherwise I would recomend this guitar for more experienced players, and it's got that old Vintage look to it and play anything from soft jazz to black metal.

midimcnasty
    I am following up on my review from 08, since I always am looking for reviews from folks who have owned the item for more than a few weeks myself. In summary, I feel the same as my review above. I have to agree with punk rockdude2, that when I turn use distortion the neck pickup does sound VERY bassy. However I still really like this guitar, and would have to say I probably would rate it slightly higher now that I have owned it a year, than when I first reviewed it. I removed the pick guard, and like it more now that i have.