Artcore AFS75T review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AFS75T

Price paid: A$ 600

Purchased from: Allens

Sound is excellent and versitile. I play Rock, alternative, and a bit of retro 80's stuff and it all works. Bridge pickup is nice and bright, middle and neck do blend together a little, the neck beeing very bassy (is that a word?). I run it into a rack of effects for live work, Morley Power Wah/Volume, Ibanez Lead Distortion, Boss Chorus, Behringer Flanger, Behringer Digital Delay, EQ, Compressor/sustain and I have a noise surpressor, but it rareley gets turned on...I just don't need it. All this runs into a Laney TF700 120Watt Tube Fusion HEad and a quad cab. I love the sounds I can get out of this ibanez. It's full, rich, and screams when you want it to. It does also tend to scream when you don't want it to, so you have to tune your rig to ensure you only get wailing feedback during nirvana and white stripes. Get yourself an EQ pedal, and you'll be right.

I've been playing for over 20 years on and off. THis was the first guitar I have bought in the last 15! I fell in love, and ever since, my Strat has been sitting quietly in the corner, waiting for me to return from this affair with my Ibanez. If it were stolen, I'd probably buy another, but it would have to be as great as the one I have. My favourite feature is it's sound, looks, playability and versatility... This guitar will become a classic one day. Amazing instrumnet.

I use it for gigs, and plan on using it for a long time. Love it. Everything seems solid and reliable. The jack worked a little loose, but tightened up fine. Finish is brilliant, and I don't expect it to wear too quickly...not that that is a concern. Would I use it without a backup...no...I wouldn't use any guitar without a backup.

Amazing quality guitar. I played Gretsch and Epiphone models, and quite frankly, they were no where near the finish of the ibanez. To be honest, I wanted an Epiphone Wildcat, that was what my heart desired, but after playing them, I had to buy the Ibanez. Setup from the factory was great, just a little adjustment.

This model was made in 08/09. The original thin body Artcores were great, but Ibanez stopped producing them at their bargain masement price in multiple versions, and cut the models wit hthe tremlo down to two, the Red and the Western Grey...at much higher prices. I got mine online way below RRP..so I'm happy. Construction of this guitar is flawless. There are NO quality issues with this guitar at all. THe Bigsby Lic Tremlo is great, and looks very cool. It will send you out of tune if you hang on it all night, but thta's what tuner pedals are for, a quick 30sec retune and you're back in action. The floating saddle can be a challenge if your stupid enough to pull off all your stings at once, but there is ample adjustment for action and innotation. Stock pickups are great, good output and nice tone...no noise...which is a plus. Tuners are sealed and seem OK, only time will tell here.