Artcore AFS77T review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AFS77T

This guitar suits all styles apart from thrash metal.. would suit rockabilly, jazz, punk and rock. I have ither used a Boss overdrive or super over Drive and I am parcial to using a Zoom 505ii multi effect for wide selection.. it is not by any means over noisy, doesnt't feed back, even at large venues for large volume, it can have a mean grunty sound for playing blues, a full smooth grunge for playing rockabilly, and a thrashy full sound for sludge metal and etc. it is indeed very versatile. This guitar out of the 6 electrics I own is by far the best and would not sell it if my life depended on it.

An extremely sexy guitar. I have been playing for 14 years now and have played many guitars and this one tops em all overall, apart from the high range gretsches, but for the price, they are pretty damn close to the quality of a Gretsch. A set of ernie balls and a set of tv jones pickups it would be godliness.

It withstands Live playing fine as long is you don't sit it down. I have had it for a year now and still no fowl ups. The only reason I would carry a backup to a gig is because a musician should with any guitar. The finnish will last by the looks of it... it is still mint. This in my experience is the toughest guitar I have played.

The action was perfect, the only 1 problem I have still is keeping perfect tune for long periods of time but I haven't had it proffesionally set up yet, I have heard from my friends Who own them that they do need setting up. And after that they are fine. the pickups needed droping a little to stop a slight hum but that's all. This guitar all in all is equivilent value as bying a Gretsch electromatic. for the price of it I am head over heels.

the artcore I have now I got for christmas 2007. as my first hollow body it is the closest I could get to a Gretsch with the money my rents had. it has ach humbuckers x2, black hardware, pearl on pearl inlays, bigsby trem system and is parcial to light 10-46 guage strings.. I don't pay much attention to the nitty gritty specs because I don't care as long as it plays well.. and it sings with the wide range of music I play from classical to metal.