Artcore AG75 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AG75

Purchased from: ebay

I play blues, classic rock, R&B and this guitar is perfect for my style. The guitar is currently played Live through my old Fender tube amp and I have a Boss noise suppressor, DigiTech Blues/Distortion and DigiTech Echo effects pedal and an old refurbished Vox wah-wah.The pickups were adjusted perfect and the guitar setup is low with no fret buzz. I usually play rhythm on the neck pickup and solo on the bridge pickup. The burstbuckers really adds quality and sharpness to the bass and treble modes that I prefer.

This guitar is a quality instrument for all kinds of music but for the blues, it's perfect. I've been playing for about 30 years and I currently own 7 guitars. Electric: Gibson Blueshawk, Gibson Firebird VII, Ibanez AG75 hollow body, a custom Epiphone Firebird VII, A Dean Vandetta and two acoustics: an old Ovation and a new Taylor. I love my Ibanez and will never sell it. Next to my Firebirds, I love playing my Ibanez AG75, the only complaint I have with Ibanez is the lightning bolt logo on the headstock. I think it's a little too "flashy" for this gentleman blues guitar.

I've had the guitar for about a year now, working live and studio gigs with a backup; no problems so far with the Ibanez. In the studio, I use a Hywatt 100 watt amp thru four Celestion '30s. I can depend on this guitar to last and age nicely as I take care of all my guitars. As mentioned above the finish is uncanny. Maybe the Asian craftsmen are getting good at this luthier concept. Remember, we used to laugh at products made in Japan? Well, Who's laughing now?

The action is low, smooth and soft. The guitar was set up at my local guitar shop so everything sounds and feels cool. I could replace the floating bridge with something more expensive, however, the guitar sounds great as is so why fix it if it's not broken?

The Ibanez Artcore AG75 hollow body I won on ebay came Standard, however, the orignal owner replaced the factory pickups with Gibson Burstbucker III's; neck and bridge. The guitar itself is in excellent condition and although made in China, is quality craftsmanship, no joke. Once in a while, you'll find a massed produced guitar that just came off the line perfect. Paint, finish, sound; workmanship. This guitar is such an example of perfection. I can't find any blemishes and/or flaws. It plays so smooth and the neck is alive and soft (if you know what I mean). I think I got lucky this time with this guitar. The previous owner (I'm the second owner) admits that he tried seven other AG75's from three different guitar shops and this one just felt perfect and I agree. If he wasn't strap for money, he wouldn't have sold it; my gain; his lost. The AG75 is the exact copy of the Gibson 175D but hundreds less out of pocket. It's a beautiful tobacco burst color with white trim on body and neck. Trapazoid inlays that starts on the first fret, cool. Selector Switch, two tones, two volume controls. I have this baby strung with D'Addarios 10, 46 half wounds.

MxGuitar
    im not a fan of hollow body guitars....but gotta admit it looks incredibly nice
    JSTWNT2PLY
    I'M NEW TO PLAYING BUT I JUST RECENTLY DECIDED TO INVEST IN THIS SAME GUITAR. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT SOUND BETTER. SHOULD I JUST CHANGE THE PICKUPS OR DO I NEED TO CHANGE THE TUNERS AS WELL?
    alexirc
    Just got one for $200 with a marshall mgcdr amp and hard case. pretty good deal huh?
    strangedays09
    man, i hope they dont discontinue this guitar, i need to save up some cash this is an awesome looking guitar, ive been wanting a hollow body guitar for some time now, does anyone know if its good for the blues?
    click499
    I just picked one up about a week ago it sounds so smooth I feel like Wes.....Hm Pittsburgh, Pa
    hezz05
    Oh it plays lovely with .12 flatwounds! I play Jazz, Blues and Rock & Roll and I found that this guitar has fitted me on every front. Although I do sometimes grab my strat for a sharp tone, since this guitar obviously gives you a much warmer sound.
    hezz05
    I love my AG75, it's exactly like you described. Somehow, this guitar is built just perfect. The stock pick-ups aren't too bad either, although there surely is room for improvement... but for this price? Man am I happy with my Artcore, Ibanez did a good job on this one!
    stradivari310
    I think semi-hollows are a bit better, considering they have similar tone with less feedback issues.
    Wulver
    had a chance to try a similar model when I was shopping around for a guitar. They really are absolutely wonderful guitars, but they feedback like mad, and the upper fret access isn't too great. That's really the only reason I went for the Epi Dot over it, it's still a great axe.
    Weybl Himself
    They have a beautiful tone, and play like dreams. The other guitarist in my band has one. Only downside is that they feedback like nothing else I've heard, making it a difficult machine to use live.
    qotsa1998
    Id really like the green version of something like this just as an alternative sound. But man, they do have serious feedback issues that are nearly incurable. Playing overdriven blues might even be a problem. The headstock is pretty nice, i like it opposed to a logo like a script-style Ibanez logo.
    shamus66
    I have have had one for a year and a half. It is so user friendly that my other 6 guitars are just gathering dust. It goes with me all over the world
    Iv andy z
    How does it sound with distortion? What would you compare this guitar with?