Artcore AG75 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AG75

Purchased from: Fair Deal Music, Birmingham

I originally wanted an acoustic. This thing sounds very good acoustically and electric too. Fab mellow tones from the neck pickup, and it can rock too with the bridge position. Sounds lovely clean too.

This is a fantastic guitar and has really opened up my playing from heavy rock to other sounds an styles. It's a fabulous breath of fresh air and can only benefit my playing style and abilities. You should try one, and save the money on the Gibson... Seriously.

Haven't had it too long, but as with all Ibanez it is beautifully built and finished, fitted with two strap buttons and looks stunning. If only Gibson had achieved this with my Alex Lifeson 355... But they didn't... This Ibanez is way better.

The action, intonation and neck relief were great out of the box, but I changed the strings and lowered to action a little. Beautifully playable and very well balanced. Factory fretwork is, as always with Ibanez, spot on... No high spots, rough ends or anything... All very good indeed. Gibson... Learn lessons here... Quality can be achieved for 300, so at 2000 you can do this too!

For the money this thing is stunning. Nothing about it says cheap. OK you could look to replace the tuners and maybe the bridge at some stage but the factory items are actually quite good. I am always messing around with my guitars, changing pickups etc... But this one is so good as it stands I will leave as is.

Vabolo
    JSTWNT2PLY wrote: I'M NEW TO PLAYING BUT I JUST RECENTLY DECIDED TO INVEST IN THIS SAME GUITAR. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT SOUND BETTER. SHOULD I JUST CHANGE THE PICKUPS OR DO I NEED TO CHANGE THE TUNERS AS WELL?
    First off, ease off the caps lock. Secondly, if you're new to playing guitar, investing in practice will improve your sound a lot more than new pickups or any other hardware. Thirdly, find your style, try a few pickups out, and once you've accumulated enough experience (months to years of it!) to know what you like, take a chance with a model of pickups that others who play in a similar style recommend, or better yet, try one out for yourself.
    Islandeer
    it will automatically start to sound better when your playing gets better so there's no need to change hardware at this stage. In a few years time, after trying a bunch of other guitars you'll have an idea what to change and what for...