Artcore AGS83B review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AGS83B

Purchased from: Pongetti's

Well this guitar was built very well. I'm 6'2 and 220 so I'm kinda rough on my guitars. This guitar inpreticular was built strong (as well as all Ibanez's). I play blues, rock, metel. I can pull of some pinch harmonics on this guitar as well. I use a Fender FM212R and it sounds soo good. I just need a pedal because the built in distortion isnt well made. It has thick sounds and bights sound. Watever you wanna play this Actcore won't dissapoint you in my opinion.

I Play heavey music and a wide variety of music. This suits me good. I wouldn't of asked anything I got my moneys worth I think. I been playing for awhile but consistanly at that. All day no lie. I also own a Ibanez Gio, Epiphone SG and a Music Master. If lost or stolen I wouldn't buy it again unless I got a good deal, because there are guitars out there now that are better and meet the price range. But I would be devastated. that's my first guitar I paid cash upfront for. All in All I love it and play it all the time. I can punch out so really crazt deep rifffs. Expecially because I play on '52s.

The guitar is big, but it can be used for Live shows with the proper amp. The buttons are solid as a rock and will last. I would depend on this guitar, but it's always good to bring a backup. Over the years the finish will wear off I tihnk that's a flaw. Not saying it will for sure but I think so I'll let you no

From factory you couldnt get a better guitar. The pickups are good and the hardware are good. Iv had it for about two years now and haven't had any problems with the tuning keys or bridge. It's been perfect. The finish on it could be a little better, you can see some spot that come up white when air gets into it. But other than that muah.

I see this info had already been covered soo I wont bother you guys. No accessories included. I love the quick string changer, it beats most guitars hardware. It has 4 knobs and 3 chanell selection. Tuners are great my guitar hardly goes out fo tune only my G string. Body is hollowbody which is sweet. And a nice cutaway, cut be a little more so I can get rght down there but hey.

dkcol
    I wrote the first review above, before I had a "login" - and lots of other things! Hopefully I will not make as many typos this time. I have had the AGS83B now for a bit over two years. I play it every day. It still looks great - no problems with finish on anything. I do not play much metal/overdriven music on it, but with my GNX4 and either my Marshall Stack or Fender Dual Super Showman it will definitely get the attention of anyone within earshot. And with the Fender (1000 Watts RMS out of EACH channel into 6 15inch JBL D130s) it can break windows. But that is NOT why I love it. I have a 1960 ES335 and the only reason I still have it is because it will pay for my son's college someday. The AGS83 has better action, sound and is much lighter. I own about 20 guitars. 1961 Les Paul, 1962 Strat ... JS1200. And I do play most of them at least once a month. But the AGS83, Strat and JS are the three I play the most. They cover everything I can play - and lots I can not - yet! My close friend bought an AGS83B then put P-Rails on it. That is an amazing combination!
    markleehunter
    I got one of these plus cask for a luthier in a trade, swapped the pups for Reverend hbs; stock pups were a little dark for me but great for smoky jazz. New pups make it brighter but still es335 territory. Also had splits put on pups. Well, wow. The reviewers above are right. Great look, feel, sound on this piece. You can find them used corrective of an episode for and it's way superior. Btw this is not just a forum for children. I'm overv60 and have played 100s of guitars. Drop that agist shit. It's disgusting among musicians.
    atsj
    Yeah bought one too ,best looking LP out there.Sound is OK.
    Slash2193
    I have that exact same guitar at home its freekin amazing. the hollow body just makes it sound soo good. anyway great review!!
    Wozzname
    Just got one the other day, sadly still having to sort the action out.
    Stevegio
    Grant_c bought the wrong guitar and judgeing from his other gear doesnt have much to compare it to,,all cheao stuff...sounds like a brginner whining about not enough heavy metal tones..Learn hoe to play grant..then bitch..This guitar is one of the best artcores ever made it just needs a Seymore Duncan 50 in the neck and a JB in the bridge and you can play ANYTHING on it. I play proffesionnaly and this guitar is more versatile than my bandmates Gibson 335..no kidding...keep playing all day and when you hit 18 , geta job and geta metal guitar so you can dhred to your hearts content
    VaN HaLeN555
    igotabcrich32 wrote: No need to be rude dude, have respect for elder players.
    yea but its pretty cool that he has a ultimate guitar account assuming that he is most likely over 50