Artcore AM73T review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AM73T

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

I play stuff that ranges to classical and jazz to metal. I run this guitar through a Crate GLX65 amp. This guitar is not noisy or buzzy at all. The bridge humbucker doesnt give as bright of a sound as I would like but that can easyli be changed. Clean sounds are really nice when you use the neck pickup. The only thing that kind of bugs me is that you get a lot of feedback if you turn up your gain too high but thats just because it's a semi hollow.

This is a great guitar for any style of music. It is one of the most versatile guitars I've played. If this guitar were stolen or lost I would buy the same one except it would have a tremolo it wouldnt be a HardTail. The one thign I hate about this guitar is how difficult it is to change the output jack. On most guitars theres a plate in the back but on this one you have to do all the work through one of the f holes and its really hard to do.

This guitar has been alright. It broke twice on me within the first year I had it. Once durong band practice the bottom strap button stripped out of the guitar and the guitar fell facedown on the floor. This pushed one side o the bridge into the body of the guitar a little bit but didnt effect the sound. If you buy this guitar I highly recomend securing the screws with liquid nail or epoxy. The finish is good it doesn't show any signs of wear. The output jack also stopped working.

When I got this guitar everything seemed to be in order. The frets were polished and filed extremely well and everything was tight and setup pretty good. The action was a bit higher then I prefer but thats just because I like low action.

This guitar has 22 frets an a transparent finish that looks really nice. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge which is nice. Passive electronics. It has volume and tone controls for both pickups and a 3 way selector Switch. It has Ibanez Art1 and Art2 ceramic humbuckers which are ok for stock pickups. The tuners are alright. Nothing special but they get the job done.