Artcore AS103 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AS103

I play mostly Blues/Jazz and also play on a church worship team. I play it through a PA head and a pair of Jensen 12's when I'm home. I have a Line6 Spyder 75W and a Roland at the church. Sounds great on all of them. I gave up my Epi LP Classic for this (house rules, One comes in, One goes out) and I don't regret it a bit. The output is a little lighter than my LP, but I'm also using lighter strings than the LP so that may be expected.

This seems to be a good dependable axe. I've been playing over 40 years (Wow, how old ARE you? )and own a fair arsenal ranging from an old Harmony silouette to a Taylor 614CE. I've been around a lot of guitars and if you're looking for a guitar to play the kind of music this is suited for, you won't be dissapointed.

Overall looks like a keeper and is built super solid. It does have gold hardware, so the strap button shows a little wear and I expect anything you rest your hand on regularly will probably wear after a while, but gold is gold and no one's going to put a micron more on the hardware than they have to. BTW, while this IS a hollowbody, it has a solid core running from the neck to the tailpiece, so it's really more like a "chambered" guitar. The extra wood core, coupled with the hollow sections give a fair amount of sustain.

The guitar is pretty much flawless. I bought it from a bass player Who bought it and never used it much. Very sweet workmanship. This ArtCore is indeed a work of ART. The reviews of quality well beyond the price of the guitar are definitely true.

I saw it on Craigslist and the looks caught my eye. A little research and it turns out the thing is pretty highly rated. The fine-tuners didn't draw me in at first, but after using it, I wish I could get them on every guitar I own. The neck is super fast and that sold me when I went to try it out.

dewdude2112
    Had this guitar and used on stage for a year or so. It was a decent guitar, fine appointments and good looks, but I sold it because it seemed to have no personality or depth, hope that makes sense. It seemd very dry and sterile to me. On the other hand, I like my Hamer Echotone very much go figure.
    goldenslumbers
    i want to get a gibson semi acoustic electric but gibsons are so expensive and i like these ibanez artcore ones...ill probably get one of these
    teknotard
    I have the AM73 and it is absolutly fantastic. I am dreaming of this guitar when I get out of school and buy an ew one. mmmmm
    Stevegio
    This is a great playing guitar with Super 58 pickups that make it incredibly versatile. The only flaw in this guitar is the weight it is one hHell of a HEAVY guitar and can tear the s**t out of your shoulder. I recomend the AGS83B..A LOT lighter and sounds almost as good and these guitars the AS103 don't cost 400 unless you bought a refurb or used they sell for $899 dollars so the price is DOUBLE + what's posted
    Stevegio
    These guitar used to sell for $749 street price new but now sell for $899....I doubt that they reviewed an AS103 if the paid $499 for it...They dealer cost is WELL above that...
    adambauman31
    I just got a new AS103 for $679 from music123. I emailed them an old SamAsh link (said not available) that had it priced at $699 and they beat it.
    Duv
    Played a couple of these today. Said they were made in Indonesia though not China. That said they were stunning. Beautifully finished, and great sounding. If it weren't for the price (which means if they were readily available used) I would really consider one. Only let down is the gold hardware really (yuck).
    archerdude22
    I have this guitar, sooo versatile,great action,stunning looks, ultra cool tone..gold hardware will fade though. Its LIGHT! not a heavy guitar like the other guy posted. He doesnt know WTF he is talking about..I wouldnt sell mine for $1000. NO WAY!