Artcore AS73 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AS73

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

This guitar can suit anyones music style. I never thought a semi-hollow could play metal, but I was wrong. I can play anything from jazz to the heaviest metal you can think of. I use it through two amps, a Fender Frontman 25R for practice and a Fender 212R for gigs. The neck pickup is amazing for heavy rhythm guitar. The neck pickup is a little muddy but it sounds wonderful without distortion.

My overall impression is that this guitar is perfect for pretty much any music. I play anything from soft rock to Pantera and Trivium. If this were stolen I would hunt the person down and destroy them with my Glock .40 Smith And Wesson.

I gig with this guitar. The only problem with the hardware is that the bridge looks like it is oxidizing. The strap button placement makes it fall out of a strap easily, but straplocks fix everything. I use it all the time without a backup. The finish is very resistant to scratches and other signs of wear.

The only thing that I didn't like was that the action was a little high, but I play with an etremely low action. The fit is perfect. This finish is pain amazing.It didn't contain any flaws from the factory, but my idiot friend stratched it with his ridiculous belt buckle.

My Artcore was made November 14, 2005 in Japan. It's a standard 22 fret guitar, which I prefer. I'm not for sure what kind of woods are used, but they seem to be high quality. I got mine in a transparent cherry finish. No picture can capture the look of this finish. It looks much better in person. It is a E-335 body style, but the cutouts a sharper. It has an Ibanez Quicktune II bridge, which makes changeing strings much easier. It has double humbuckers with two volume and two tone knobs. The only thing that I miss on this guitar is a raised pickguard, but I can deal with that.

laparsons
    i find it hard to beleive that a semi-hollow would do any sort of metal justice...not a bad price though
    Kunundrum
    Very versatile. When i have a show and need to play many genres, i bring this one guitar instead of 4 or five.
    guitarmakerpugh
    If you have ever played one, you would find that when put through a good marshall, it just tears everything to shreds. it is good for metal, believe it or not. ES-335 is still better though
    SkAsupafly
    amazing ska guitar..... kalnoky played this before it got stolen... he switched to a gibby es 335
    Mr.Krinkle1410
    this guitar is amazing i was surprised by how good it sounds wen i play metal on it. this thing is also like scratch proof ive hit it on stuff so many times and there are no scratches i highly recommend this guitar for any genre.
    Sublym611
    i have this guitar and i agree it is a very nice guitar for a very low price. I would recommend it to anyone, a beginner or a pro. The only problem that i found was the action but i had it lowered and it is very nice.