Artcore AS73 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AS73

Purchased from: Ted Browns Music Store

This guitar puts out a sort of jazzy light rock kind of sound which is basically the sound I want. The guy at the store tried talking me into getting a solid body guitar which was more of a hard rock kind of sound. I use this guitar on a Vox Amp and I like the sound it makes because it can be loud without being annoying.

My style is light rock and it fits my style perfectly. I've been playing guitar for 3 years and I own three guitars and one amp. I have a Fender and an acoustic Crafter. My amp is a Vox and I love the Sounds that come out of it. If it were stolen or lost I would probably buy a totally different guitar because I like to get a variety of things and I would like to try something different. I love the sound that my guitar makes and I like the shape and appearance but it wasn't made with the best kind of wood so that makes me mad.

I can depend on this guitar because it's extremely sturdy and I think it's going to last me a long time. I has very good durability and has extremely good reliability. Except My dad dropped a box on it so it has one crack on the side of the neck. But other then that it's still is in really good shape.

I don't know what the action is but I love the finish and the color. My whole guitar is absolutely perfect and there were no defects. This guitar fits me well and I especially like the tuning pegs because it hardly ever goes out of tune. One thing I don't like is the fretwire is poorly filed and the edges are kind of sharp. Other than that I love it!

I'm not sure what year it was made in But I know it was made in China. My neck is normal size and I believe it has 22 frets. The top layer of wood is maple but the rest is probably something cheap. It has two different tine settings and two different Volume adjustments. The pickups are double pickups and they are the ones that came with the guitar. The tuners are non-locking but it hardly ever goes out of tune. When I bought it, it came with a strap and a hard case.

JFenderBender
    really good for the price amazing sounds beautiful and looks great i got a transparent cherry