Artcore AS73 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore AS73

Purchased from: Andertons

I use this primarily for pop-punk and it sounds phenomenal, people are literally jaw-dropped when I say it only cost 340. It would easily cope with some less aggressive metal, also sounds incredibly nice on classic rock tones like AC/DC and Guns N Roses. The two humbuckers give excellent smooth cleans and a lovely crunchy, gritty distorted sound. I use a Blackstar amp and it is like heaven through it. As a Semi-acoustic people think it is susceptible to feed-back, I find it no different to any of my solid bodies. Perfect for gigs when you don't want to take your 1500 ES-335.

This is perfect for - Classic rock, Punk, Lighter Metal and blues and funk. I have played for 6 years, own two fenders and a Gibson and this keeps up with them all. If I lost it I would buy it again any day. My favourite thing is it is a good quality guitar all round, I would say as good as some Gibsons and very very reliable. I love the sound, feel and finish and only hate that I didn't discover the guitar earlier! BRILLIANT GUITAR!

This guitar is very durable, people I know who have them use them for everything as it has never let them down. The strap buttons are more solid than the ones on my Gibson, everything seems like it will last on it and I would happily use this without a backup guitar live. No problems anywhere.

No problems, the set up was perfect as standard. Some very minor finishing flaws with paint, barely noticeable and for 340 I am not complaining. There were things like slight paint overlap on the binding. The pick up selector is quiet when plugged in and it all seems to be well aligned and I saw no signs of rusting or oxidation.

This guitar is made in china with two good quality Ibanez humbuckers which I love. Stock Ibanez tuners, which tune beautifully. It also comes with a 22 fret, rosewood fingerboard. Really a simple, good quality semi-acoustic guitar. It makes use of a tune-o-matic bridge which works excellently on this guitar.

COREYTAYLOR721
    thisfallen wrote: I messed up again, its the bridge pickup thats good for metal
    Real men use neck pickup for everything. lol