Artcore TM71T review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore TM71T

Purchased from: Valley music, corvallis oregon

This guitar is one of the most versitil guitar I've ever had. Believe it or not even though it is hollowbody you can get some serious crunch going on. Only drawback, your strings will be out of tune when you are done. Not too bad but it is noticable if you don't tighten up a bit. I can do everything from jazz, country, blues, punk, hard rock you name it. Super slinky strings will sound really twangy though for about a week (or until you got enough playing into them). I prefer to have ernie-ball skinny-top heavy bottoms on it. I run this baby through a Laney TF200. It's awsome with that. If dive on the tremolo more than about 4 times it will go a little out of tune on you. It's not locking.

This guitar is the most beautiful peice of craftmanship i have ever played. The price maybe low but oh baby, its worth it. The music I play is just about everything under the sun. I'm even working on my own new style and this guitar is because of it. Wierd mix of Mark Knopfler meets randy rhoads. It's cool. I've played now for almost 4 years. I would definantly replace this if i lost it or got it stole. The main thing that annoys me about this is the tremelo knocking this out of tune if you go hard on it. I compared it to an Ibanez AFS75 but that was too hollowbody for me. This is right where I wanted it. Flick the 3 way Switch to the bridge position and get a sharper "bite" and then go to the next for warm lows. Oh yeah one more thing, the lows carry foever but the highs piddle out a little bit if your not doing something to maintain the sound. Over all this thing is pretty good and I expect it to help me get famous.

This guitar will last quite a while in my opinion. It would defenantly go live with me. Hardware is solid, finish is set on good, i've dropped this thing so many times and it doesn't even have a scratch. I could depend on this thing to take me where I need it to go. I never gig with out a back up but I would be more comfortable with this guitar to go with out one than my Austin fake Strat.

Other than a sorta loose tuner that took like 15 seconds to tighten up this thing was set up good. Everything was adjust really well. Not a whole lot more to say on that. It was all good. Seriously.

My guitar was fresh off the factory line. Made in china though unforntunantly. My low E tuner was a little loose but I tighted that up and its fine. The specs: Artcore Set-In neck Mahogany Neck Material Maple top/ sides/back Body 22/Large frets Bound Rosewood Finger Board ART2 w/VBX60 Vintage Vibrato bridge ACH1 (H) Neck PU ACH2 (H) Bridge PU Pearl Dot Inlay CH : Hardware Color This is a sweet hollowbody guitar.