Artcore TM71T review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Artcore TM71T

Purchased from: Nobs/collins Music

It's extremely versatile with its sound. Acoustically you can hear how mellow it is and with a good distortion pedal it is awesome and can be made to sound like any guitar. Hence the fact that Corey Taylor plays one for Stone Sour. Extremely versatile tone and its when you have it on clean or acoustic that you appreciate its beautiful tone. Very nice.

I play many different styles of music. I jam with a rock/grunge band and it sounds awesome. I have tuned it down for some metal although thats what the AX320H I own is for. When I was buying this guitar. The only reason I got it was becaue it was out for $595 AUD from $895 AUD so the guitars they were getting me 2 try out werent exactly classy. I tried low model Epi SG's, a PRS style Cort with coil tap and some lp's and lp styles. This guitar owned them all in the sound department and it is very comfortable to play. If it were lost or stolen I woudl definately egt it again, hopefully on insurance, and if someone stole it I would track em down and beat the s--t out of them. I love it so much. It's the perfect guitar for what I want and it really is great value for money, don't let the fact that it's made in China deter you it is first class and just perfect.

With it being a semi-hollow body you have to take certain things into account. Of course it ownt be as strong as a solid body but c'mon it's not meant for thrashing around too much. It will last long with proper semi-hollow care and everything on it is reliable, finish is good. I suppose in the long run I would change the tuniing keys to grovers, but only for the pure fact that I could change them. The tuning keys are suprisingly good and the strap buttons are very nice. Positioning of strap buttons tends to mae guitar very neck heavy but you have to expect that form this small smei-hollow anyway.

All settings were perfect when I bought it. If I had some spare cash laying around I would change the nobs to some machined chrome ones as they would look classy as the black plastic ones do look good and the picture doesnt do the guitar any justice, but new nobs owuld just be a bonus. Not necessary. Beautiful jewel blue finish, hard to keep clean but who cares. It's an awesome colour and I just love the retro look of it.

This is a beautiful guitar for a beautiful price. Don't let the fact that it's made in China deter you because it is beautifully made and constructed. Just first class, 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard, maple body and neck and finished nicely in jewel blue. It's a very different turn on the semi-hollow body design and its great for my shoulder because as you can imagine, solid boy size+semi-hollowfu--kin' light! Nice humbuckers/soapbars with a 3 way selector and a nice fixed Tune-O-Matic bridge. 2 volume's 2 tones. Jumbo frets and well its not a very fast neck as it is pretty fat but I play it for rhythm and its perfect for that. The tuners are just Ibanez ones. But they stay in tune very well. Just as well as the grover tuning keys on my Ibanez AX320H. Just awesome. Couldn't really ask for anymore features, because for what I want and need its got everything. The perfect rhythm guitar!

antjdio
    Me too, except ths one had Grovrz and upgraded humbkz...I never played, first experience.
    Modest Moose
    I have the ag87, i think. Nice sound. Really quiet compared to my samick strat knock off.
    puddman
    derrr if u dive on it it will go out of tune and ur using super slinkys and 10-52's i dont have this model but ive got a bigsby i had 12 on 56 for a while and dove all i wanted (though its not my style) and it stayed in tune fine only problem was had to Eb to bend if u havent had a bigsby before trust me get relatively heavy strings 11-49 satisfy me but if u want a little heavier on ur bass strings to get jazzy tones dont resist
    dronester
    I have the TM-71 model (no tremolo), in silver, and I love it! First, the offset semi-hollow design really caught my eye when I saw it at a local pawn shop, and after playing it for a minute, I asked "How much?" It was in near-perfect shape (couple of minor scratches on the back) and the guy said he'd take $150 USD for it. I immediately put it on layaway, and it's one of my favorite players now. I usually play maple-necked Fenders, so this is the closest I have to a flat, rosewood Les Paul-type neck, and she sounds great. If I upgraded the stock pickups to some Duncans or something, it would be an absolute treasure. Every time I think I need to sell a few guitars and thin the herd, I pick this baby up, tune it, and fall in love all over. I'll definitely be keeping this beauty. Yes, it's Chinese, but the Chinese are making some wonderful instruments these days (my vintage blonde Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster is just one example...)
    antjdio
    Just bought same except in black. VGC. Upgraded tuners and humbuckers. Guy was extremely nice. This will be my first electric guitar playing experience. I figured I'd take a chance and offer him $150. He wanted more. Nice case too. I cant speak much on playability for I'm a total new learner. 50 yrs young.