ARZ400 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ARZ400

Sounds like EMG HZ and HZA pickups. As I said, Google/YouTube, take your pick, the wood is bass wood, again I love it... I play metal, I play jazz, blues, rock. Lots of rock, and christian churchy worship hillsong stuff, it works for all of it. If you have a decent amp your set, I have a pv valve king... Tube amp, new tubes, it does the job, looking into a Marshall Mark V. It plays everything, I myself like the pickups more than the Gibsons I put into my SG.

I have been playing for 7 and a half years. I love it to bits. It fits a Les Paul case perfect. I would definitely buy another. I would be tempted by the ESP models. But I love this one much more. So yes I would buy it again, as it is much more attractive visually and plays better... I might buy some active EMGs and put them in it. For the money... It is a steal, (If you are attracted to the thing and its looks. I would strongly recommend it.) If you don't play metal... Maybe look elsewhere. But if its this or an Epiphone. I would be hard pressed to go for anything but the Ibanez. They make AMAZING quality guitars, and they play like a dream, don't be fooled by the price, this is an amazing guitar, the fact its 600$ just puts it above anything in its range.

I play this guitar live all the time. I go to gigs with it without a back up. Even when you blow a string the bridge makes it so you can change strings crazy fast. This my work horse. It just works. What a concept. It does exactly what it is supposed to do.

It came perfectly in tune, shiny, I haven't had a problem yet. I pulled off the back and it looks neat and tidy, mildly confusing if your anti teck smart. I.e. electronic. It is super reliable. I have dropped it many a times. Actually that was my friend, first time I let him play it. Nearly cried. Either way the finish is good, get yourself some polish if you have the black one, its a finger print magnet.

I love this guitar, it replaced an old Austin SG (or rockin thunder or whatever) either way, it was a great upgrade. As it is an Ibanez it has an AMAZING action, it takes a day or so to get used to the extended scale length, but it is a MUST have if you have big hands. It also makes playing up past the 12th fret much more enjoyable. The 'scoop out' neck makes accessing the 24th fret much easier, not as easy as a RG though. The bridge is amazing, frankly though, you will either love it or hate it. I love it as I makes for a smooth on and off between muting the strings and chugging and all the fun stuff. The pickups are very much passive, don't be thrown off by the EMG logo, they are still passive. This is great as you never have to change the batteries (which it doesn't have). Granted they are passive, so they are NOT active pickups (who knew) ANYWAYS they are EMG HZ and HZA's so simply look them up, play some (guitar companys are putting them in everything) so just play around, google, google rocks. The neck is great, I can't stand the RG wimpy little flimbsy things, they are great, but I am not a fan. I am also not a fan of the chunky Les Paul necks, not to dis either RG's or Les Pauls... Great guitars, this one just offers so much more for the money. The guitar has one tone, and one volume, the volume being perfectly underneath the bridge in hands reach, it is amazing. The tuners are tuners, they work, never hand a problem with them, its all great.

Zan595
    Seth Shadows
    Bad review, incredibly biased and hard to follow.
    donpittman
    I think all of them are. Really don't know why. I own one most of the stuff they say is true. There is a couple issues, no fretboard inlay. It feels light which to some that's good but It feels odd to me. Oh I pride myself on not being an instrument snob. My favorite guitar in my collection is an Epiphone SG 310.
    DoubleBassCrash
    Zan595 wrote: You're all aware that you're down rating the guitar, not the review, right? People shouldn't get the impression this guitar is only a 5 out of 10 for it's price range just because no one here knows how to fairly rate or review things.
    Take a look at most of the Ibanez reviews here & you'll find that's the way people rate them. They've never played, but they rate something & bash it because they've been taught to hate it. A lot of people on this website sneer at an Ibanez, it's a learned behavior. How can you rate something you've never had a first hand experience with?
    metalchris87
    This guitar isn't basswood its mahogany. Since your planning to put active emgs you should of just saved up for the arz800 which has emgs 81 60 a better bridge and a maple top. It would cost you the same thing.
    rockerwannabe
    katalyzt13
    rockerwannabe wrote: Ibanex makes a great guitar once you get out of their beginner models. I don't even own any (I'm a Gibson man, myself) but I have played plenty of them. They all smoke. Nice necks, nice feel. If I can ge my hands on a 1970's PS10, then I can say that I own one but until then...
    In my experience, Ibanez's lower end models are pretty solid. The problem I've found is that after spending a couple of hundred dollars for an Ibanez you aren't going to see any really marked improvement in quality until you get up to close to a grand or so. That is still better than Gibson and Fender. Lower end Gibsons are like 600 - 700 $ and play like instruments half that price and Fender is maybe worse. The quality of Fenders has steadily decreased for the past 20 years or so. I'm not saying you can't get a quality Gibson or Fender, but you sure are going to pay for it.
    buddoggydogg
    DoubleBassCrash wrote on 02/27/2012 - 11:44 am / quote | A lot of people on this website sneer at an Ibanez, it's a learned behavior.
    I think it's more of a "mimicked" behavior. A few people say they hate this brand or that brand and after that people just start agreeing with them without investigating for themselves. I personally love my Ibanez regardless of who wants to hate on them! The only guitar brand I can knowingly hate on is BC Rich although I think it's just because I bought a very entry-level guitar from them. I can't say a whole lot about this Ibby in particular other than I don't like that body style. It just doesn't fit me well. I need that double cutaway! Must have the superstrat body style, but I won't be mean to those who like it. To each their own.
    fablemahem
    Sory, my brain must have crapped out for a piece there, I meant a mesa boogie mark V... and yes I am completely bias, just as every mom thinks there kid is the best at soccer or what ever, none the less it's my child, and I love it to bits
    Air_Stryker
    I might buy some active EMGs and put them in it.
    For that price I'd rather go with the LTD EC400, it comes with active EMGs as standard. You might call me biased as I own an EC1000, but I have played a few Ibanez guitars in the $600 / 400 range, and I've never felt they stood out as anything special personally.
    jrockz
    My view on Ibanez is that they are reliable and sound good even in the lower end models. I see many reviews from people here who are playing through small combo amps and probably playing in their bedroom. There are a lot of pros who play Ibanez. I've been playing professionally for over 30 years and have played Les Pauls, Strats, V's and own many Ibanez guitars which tend to be my main axes. I play orifinal mtel, clssic metal, and classic rock. I don't play through small combo amps and play through Marshall stacks. Now that doesn't make me a better player but playing guitar for 40 years does. I've played small venues to a few 8000 and 10000 seat venues. I have also guitar teched for some national acts so I've played many different guitars. I have found for my liking that I banez makes some really great guitars. Sure there are a few that aren't but every guitar company makes lower end stuff. I thik Ibanez is a very good guitar company and so many metal guitarists out on the road are using them. There has to be a reason.
    cliff niesen
    Where are these Ibanez ARZ400 Electric Guitar made. I watch the video where the Guy buys it and show that the idiot who strung it strung the strings backwards. that shows me very poor quality control. The guy spoke good about it, but he only stated the looks. That mean Diddly squat and sht. Looks, man. I could tell he didn't know anything because of the amp with all the effects. Like a child beginner. I own 2 Gibsons LP and there qulity control has went caput! Like lax, man! I had to install a different nut on a 3 grand Guitar because they put the cheapest kind on. The real soft type that have no real line barely. The stings cut the grooves. It was an awesome model but they even are making cutbacks by outsourcing parts to too many companies. The only part of a Gibson that is American is the frame and the wood has to come from the Brazilian rain forest because we destroyed most of ours. Rain Forest wood is the best. but lets destroy the planet because these greedy people grand parents and them never think of tomorrow. So, if Gibson is like that I can only imagine a company that does not even check strings placement. There is so, much you have to look at. The neck setting. how the frets are, if they are too high then they didn't set them deep enough. with of the neck. too slim is not good if you have hands that are use to Gibson necks, or if you are a teenager your hands might be small. a girl. I see that the neck is too slim. The EMG pickups are the Lower grade. they are 4. I have never heard of that they should be 80s & 60s . This is a good guitar for beginners. not a professional or a seasoned player.
    Masterofpirates
    I hate how every Ibanez review has a completely unreliable user score because of all the 1 voting on every guitar made by them.
    1neeto
    Played it at a store not long ago and that guitar plays as good as it looks. Love the neck and long scale and the set neck makes it easy to reach those 15+ frets. Did not get a chance to plug her in though. oh I thought those were active EMG's hah!
    kelly.nathan88
    I own this guitar and its sound and feel is amazing. Only difference is i picked it up at a pawn shop for 200 would like active emgs though. Sounds pretty good on a line 6 spider IV 120.