ARZ800 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ARZ800

Price paid: € 809

This guitar sounded very metal and you can't exactly change that with one tone and three way switch, so if you need a blues or jazz guitar I'm telling you now; LOOK AWAY. I used it with a Marshall Vintage modern which is made for a very 70's hard rock sound, like KISS style. Yes it definetly satisfies my musical tastes but even when very precisely tuned I couldn't help but hear a flappy sound on the low E. Yes this guitar was undoubtedley made for high string play.

Well, if you are a fan of heavy gain and lots of overdrive this just might be the guitar for you. The one thing I couldn't understand was why they made a metal sounding guitar look so classical rock-ish, but it still looks beautiful. Also once agin, change the low E string. It also has a pretty interesting looking head. Also I'm a little ticked off that they didn't have a lot of sound possibilities.

This guitar will definetly last a couple shows, maybe even a tour. I personally would not play with it live until I changed that E string. Also don't forget that this is another les pauls immitation that also includes the weight. Actually it's a little lighter than a real Les Pauls, but I would definetly pick the later for sound quality. I'm really picky with guitars so if I played live this would be my 2nd or 3rd back up but I really like it don't get me wrong.

I loved the Tight-Tune tailpiece of the guitar, I played it for 30 minutes straight filled with bends whammy bars etc, and it was still in tune. I felt pretty good oving up and down the neck pulling off one riff after another. The EMG pickups are awesome. I'm starting to think EMG is an abbreviation for Eh! Man its Great!.

This is a brand new guitar that I found shopping for a birthday present for my friend, and yes it is a Les Pauls reproduction, something not very new to guitar comanies in general but definetly new to Ibanez. My model is Chinese made and has a pretty legit finish that is surprisingly hard to leave fingerprints on. This guitar has 25 medium frets and unfortunately needs a 9V battery. It has only one volume and one tone with a three position Switch (I swear there is some sort of conspiracy going on between guitar and bass companies to make five position swithces harder to find nowadays).

TheBlackening91
    It has 24 frets not 25, and there is no conspiracy with 5-way switches, you just have a guitar with 2 humbuckers, a 5-way blade isn't necessary. Also this guitar doesn't have a whammy so I don't get how you could play for "30 minutes straight filled with bends whammy bars etc" And for 809, you would hope it could survive more than a couple of shows.
    365_days_gone
    ""I loved the Tight-Tune tailpiece of the guitar, I played it for 30 minutes straight filled with bends whammy bars etc,"" lawl
    MaggaraMarine
    lefty311 wrote: 3-way toggle because there are only 2 pickups. 25 frets? You sure? No tremolo = No whammy bends Sorry, but was this your first time seeing and playing a guitar?
    Many Ibanezes have 5 way selector and only 2 pickups. The two more positions are for coil tap, I think.
    lefty311
    CydoniaKnight95
    Sechter
    There is a conspiracy when it comes to superstrats but here its just odd since its an LP body
    TheBlackening91
    CydoniaKnight95 wrote: Yeah the whammy thing really threw me off I freaked out because i thought that I had finally found a Les Paul reproduction with a tremolo that wasn't insanely expensive :/
    How about the Epiphone Les Paul Plustop Pro FX?
    callumbloodpuke
    sstony : Check him out on his youtube clips and youll understand why.
    i just did, and i threw up with disgust
    ChicagoShredder
    you have no need for a back up guitar, you obviously did not tune the damn thing or you played it backwards, stop doing jump cuts like RWJ or SXEphil, change your status from looking for a band to looking for lessons. this is a fantastic guitar one of my favorites but dont be put off by this review if you've ever considered getting one.
    craig95ste
    Checked out his youtube channel... Well... What can I say other than how the HELL does he teach? :O He can hardly string a couple of power chords together!!! xD