AX120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: AX120

Purchased from: Facebook

the sound was actually quite good for what I have expected. It's great for metal, punk, and alternative (crazy I know). I'm only using a peavy blazer for this thing but it sounds pretty dang good. The nice solid body produces a great full tone. The only thing I would suggest is to get a new set of pickups, then you could pretty much do anything with this beast.

I play mainly metal, punk, and some clean stuff. This thing is so diverse and versitile, it fits all of my styles perfectly! If I had lost this or got it stolen I would most definately buy a new one. I just love this guitar. It looks cool, sounds great, and feels awesome. I would recommend that if you don't have this guitar, get one!

This will stand up to pretty much anything. I would totally play it Live, in fact, this is my main guitar. The strap buttons have gotten loose a few times so I switched with my friends les paul but it's really not that big of a deal. I would even bring this to a gig with out anything to back me up, I have complete Faith in this thing. The finish will most certainly not wear off, unless you're playing 24/7 with sandpaper clothes and gloves on.

When I got this guitar it was in perfect condition. The guy I bought it from had never used it. And because the great durability of this guitar there wasn't a scratch or ANYTHING on it. The tuners were great, the frets were about new, the finish was just perfect. Everything was in order, and it's still that way.

I bought this guitar thinking it was a slightly cheap, intermediate guitar for junking around and what not. I was absolutely blown away when I played it for the first time. It has a mahogany body, rosewood fretboard, one piece neck, and a 3 position Switch. To me, the bridge pickup doesn't sound too good so I just stick to the neck, but I am buying new pickups anyway. The finish was amazingly tough. I've dropped it so many times and there is not a scratch on the thing. but recently I stripped off the finish because I'm customizing it (it's that good) and that took forever because the finish is so awesome. I really like the shape of the body, it's a double cutaway, and quite comparable to an SG.

jackblackyeah17
    Hey, I have this guitar and was wondering if anyone knew how heavy of strings I could put on it (I bought it used, so I don't have the manual).
    Dreaddinit
    Been a long time ago but I put some Zakk Wylde heavy guage strings on mine. Im not to sure maybe 10 guage or something like that.