AX7521 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: AX7521

Purchased from: Dorsey's Music Store

Bridge pickup is chunky and neck pickup has great clean. I used this guitar all through high school with a Marshall MG100HDFX half stack for nu metal, metal-core and grunge. Now that I'm older and more "mature", I find it's really good for contemporary rock and jazz too on tube amps.

If I ever lost this guitar, I would certainly buy another one. The hardware is all top end stuff and the independent volume/tone is great for dialing in a great sound. The only other replacement I would even consider would be a high end RG-series 7 string. But these were kind of a novelty of the Ibanez 7 strings so I would probably try to seek one out at a cheaper price.

I abused this thing quite a bit in high school which I really regret now. I had to replace one of the string furloughs since it is a string through body and also the jack cavity plate was plastic and has since been replaced. It has paint chips on the body and some nicks on the headstock but it still plays beautifully. It has held up great. Solid like a rock.

The guitar was perfect when I bought it. I had to tweak it a little to adjust the bridge for intonation and the pickups needed to be raised a little. The neck range isn't as long as RG-style 7-strings and not quite as cool feeling either, neck I but it's still very nice and every note is super easy to reach.

This guitar was made in 2001 in Japan. The AX7521 was the Japanese version of the AX7221 which were made in China. 24 3/4" scale neck, 22 frets. Mahogany body. 1-piece maple neck with Bubinga. Rosewood fretboard. Glossy "Cherry Fudge" color. Double cutaway body. Dual DiMarzio humbucker pickups. Fixed bridge. 3 way switch. Independent volume and tone knobs for each pickup. Gotoh tuners.

LeakyFlask
    Love the body shape, but that might just be the worst finish I've ever seen on a guitar.
    Ziggity
    I juts think the pick ups look ugly for some reason. I think the body shape is awesome.
    Air_Stryker
    Not too fond of double cutaway guitars, and as amazing as this guitar may be, I doubt it warrants a 9.8 for only $400.
    GunLeatherGuy
    Oh god. The AX7221 is Korean, the pickups aren't dimarzios. Bla bla bla. It's a great guitar. Short scale is great for 7 string jazz, blues, classic rock etc. Even dropnthned metal with really heavy strings. It's a great guitar and they were made in 99 according to my serial number. Made 1-2 years of that.
    FDJ
    A $400 buck guitar made in Japan? I didn't read anything about the guitar being second-handed or something, so I doubt that $400 is possible. OT: Although I'm a huge Ibanez fan, I must agree with LeakyFlask. And I must say that the review is far to short (and/or biased) to give this guitar an 8.8