AXS32 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: AXS32

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Been plaing bass for 10 years guitar for a little over 2. Been trying to the right guitar for awhile now. Nothing ever really stuck to me, or if it did it was way too expensive. This thing didn't really catch my eye at first. But as soon as I pulled it off the shelf and plugged it in, I knew it was the one. Wow amazing sound. Has the tone of a LP and with the strung-thru body bridge the sustain on this thing is awesome. Double humbuckers sound great. Fret pick-up was a little muddy, but nothing too noticable. You could tell this thing was made with quality. It had a very full tone, like I said similar to an LP. I've been looking for a Lp style gutar for awhile now. Can't afford $2000 for a real one, so I been looking at some nice Epiphones and LTDs. Man this Ibanez blows then all out of the water, and for a bargain price. You cant beat the sound on this thing.

I play modern rock, classic rock, some heavier metal from time to time too. Hell, I'll even dabble in the blues. Most modern rock songs have blues chord progessions or some similar variation. So I try to play all kinds of different styles. While its not gonna sound like a Strat, you can still malipulate the tone a little on this. But if you want the full tone of a LP, this thing gives it to you by the truckload. Great for modern and cassic rock. This thing can sound down right mean. Best $400 I've ever spent. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Seem pretty reliable, haven't dropped it yet to make sure. And I don't plan too. But it feels real solid. Never had a loose bolt or nut or anything. Only thing is the satin finish, like I said it's a flat finish, so I'm thinking it might scratch easily. Only time will tell. Other than that it seems real sturdy. Should last for a long time.

The neck on this thing is like butter. So smooth man. No gloss finish so you can run your hands down this puppy in no time. Set in neck as well. No fret buzz. I mean you have to seriuosly miss a note to hear some buzz. Pickups sounded great fresh out of the box. was thinking about up grading them, but I dont this its really nessecary. Them Koreans can build em. Never would of thought it came off an assembly line. Fit and finish is like a hand made guitar.

- Mahoganey body - 3 piece mahogoney neck w/rosewood fretboard - Flat satin finish - String-thur body bridge style - 2 volume, 2 tone knobs and a 3-way selector - Double humbuckers - Stainless stell pick guard.

nibbleschew
    yea I have an AXS42, and I too haven't noticed a difference between the 32 or 42, but mine is glorious, had it for almost a year, no flaws, whatsoever, definately worth every penny.
    TechieDan
    Im looking for a replacement for my Fullerton Fender. It's not a real Metal guitar which is a large chunk of what I play. My VOX Valvetronix amp kind makes up for that, but I'm looking for something between like 200 and 400 USD.
    mattman25
    i just bought one of these for half price! ($550 nz ) they got another 1 in and selling for $1095 love the sound of it highly recomemd buying
    Arlabester
    i just played it at my local music store and it PWNS the sh*t out of my MIM Strat, this guitar rocks
    gign
    The only problem i found with this was i couldnt reach the highest fret, but it seemed like a fairly good guitar otherwise
    KYLE3222
    great guitar, i own it, i plan on installing an EMG 81 in the bridge.
    CE49
    I own this guitar - great value for money! Worth every penny!
    nibbleschew
    I have a AXS42, I think the AXS32 model replaced mine, but I don't know what the difference, all that I know is that either of these 2 guitars are amazing.
    Random-rab
    i just bought an AXS42 and i am actually in love with it!!!! it plays and sounds better that an epiphone sg!!! (havent had the chance to play a gibson but still!!!) woop!
    in_keios
    Hi... I own this guitar for 3 years and i liked a lot. here a got some points about it. the pick guard is not Stainless stell is plastic...i have 3 years with this guitar and the time as reclaimed his price, as i said before the pick guard is fading to black, and the flat color has gone almost completely, the guitar is shine now after so many use, its doesn't scrash that easy, every thing is in his place like the first day,(except for the flat color)