AXS32 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: AXS32

Purchased from: ebay

The sound from this is brill. I have been playing guitar since I was 13 so thats hmm 36 odd yrs. I have played in a few bands gigging in local pubs and clubs and have played most makes and models of guitars. Never been that rich to get the top end axes like the full blown Les Pauls & US PRS's but I have never felt let down by the good quality lower end guitars out there. I can get most of the sounds I need from this, I run it through a Marshall JTM30 2x10 valve combo (sweet) and find I don't need any pedals as this amp will do all I need from creamy blues to full on Garry Moore (RIP)There is a good differance between the neck pickup and the Bridge and a good centre position.

As said before I play some Gary Moore, Clapton, Eagles middle of the rd kind of stuff not to heavy but hard enough. Been playing 36 odd years and as said had loads of different kit over the years, LP coppies, Tokai, Strats both jap and US, 335 Aria and Epiphone, Tele's jap and US some odd ball but good stuff like Jim Reed (Italian) Gibson SG in the early 70's with an AC30. Well to sum this axe up it is a bute, its well put together, it comes with all you need to get playing, its far better than the newer ones as these were made in Korea and a lot of the new ones are made in China etc. You could get one of these as a base, I mean its got the basics you need body neck combo. Then add some expensive pickups you have read about or heard. Replace all the pots etc.. add a set of top end locking tuners,,, ohh I dust discribed a high end guitar like US PRS or Gibson Les Paul ect, thats what I mean good all round axe to set you in the right direction. You can't go wrong with one of these. One last thing thing, if you a reading this review site you have prob got one in mind, remember if you spend 200 on a 2nd hand guitar, it will prob be better than spending the same on a new one.

I have used it live and it pushes past the drummer which you all know is somtimes a pain. He must be the loudest and then miced up LOL. Strap buttons are ok but as with all my guitars 20's woth of strap locks is a must on any guitar no matter what the cost. As said I used/use it live and it has never let me down but I always take a spare to a gig, daft not to just in case. I doubt it will give up as the construction of the guitar is top notch. You don't get fancy bells and whistles just a good neck very well mated to a solid body. With acouple of decent humberckers droped in. A prety Standard and well tested setup.

This was a 2nd hand guitar when I got it and it was set up ok. I swaped out the strings for a set of EB super slinky (9's) and droped the tune-o-matic a little and this thing went from ok to very nice, sort of why I am I smiling to myself. Pickup adjustment was spot on but any one who can't turn a phillips screw on the side of a pickup should not be playing guitar LOL. I do like the bound fretboard and the 2 offset inlays on the 12th fret. As ther are no others on the fretboard just the Standard dots on the top edge. No prob I tent to look down at the guitar not over it.

Made in Korea 2003, 22 frets, Rosewood fretboard, Mahogany neck, Solid Mahogany body with a super smooth satin finish in burgandy, more of a SG body shape, Tune-O-Matic Bridge with String-thru body (for extra sustain)Standard 2 x humbuckers AH3 & AH4, selector, 3-way and 2 x tone & 2 x vol' Standard good tuners.

rallygsc
    g13_honda wrote: Arlabester : i just played it at my local music store and it PWNS the sh*t out of my MIM Strat, this guitar rocks Maybe it's because MIM Strats suck. lol America Strats kick ass.
    Actually they are CNC made so not really much of a difference except the pickups and hardware, stuff made before the move to Corona California was great, but the newer stuff is blah, G&L is better
    rallygsc
    oncewasslick wrote: i own this guitar and my pickguard and control knobs are stainless steel, bought it two years ago and is like new .tone is superb and i prefer it to my gibson lp special which cost 3 times as much...
    I just got one also, but the knobs are chrome and the pickguard is brushed silver over black plastic, I changed it out with a custom made black one from WD, makes it look 100 times better especially with black bell knobs.